Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey planning on sending this off tomorrow and just wanted to double check the list with everyone here using the new rules as of 6th April - applying for Spouse visa under Cat A, non-salaried.

Summary of Contents

I. Applicant’s Documents
a. Online form print out
b. Two Identification photos (in white envelope)
c. Appendix 2
d. Passports (current and previous)
e. Transcript of Studies + W2
f. Biometrics
g. Letter of Introduction
h. Proposed arrival date into UK

II. Sponsor’s Documents
a. Copy of Passport
b. Letter of Support

III. Financial Requirement
a. Contract of Employment
b. Letter of Employment
c. Payslip Calculations
d. 21x Weekly Payslips (05 OCT 14 – 05 APR 15)
e. P60
f. 6 Months of Natwest Bank Statements

IV. Living Accommodation
a. Letter of Permission from Home Owner
b. Title Registry
c. Accommodation Report
d. Council Tax Bill

V. Proof of Subsisting Relationship
a. Marriage Certificate
b. Photographs together (Wedding and Various)
c. Communication Logs
d. Flight Itineraries and Boarding Passes

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Hey planning on sending this off tomorrow and just wanted to double check the list with everyone here using the new rules as of 6th April - applying for Spouse visa under Cat A, non-salaried.

Summary of Contents

I. Applicant’s Documents
a. Online form print out
b. Two Identification photos (in white envelope)
c. Appendix 2
d. Passports (current and previous)
e. Transcript of Studies + W2
f. Biometrics
g. Letter of Introduction
h. Proposed arrival date into UK
Not needed: transcript and W2
Needed: sample itinerary

II. Sponsor’s Documents
a. Copy of Passport
b. Letter of Support
Fine

I
II. Financial Requirement
a. Contract of Employment
b. Letter of Employment
c. Payslip Calculations
d. 21x Weekly Payslips (05 OCT 14 – 05 APR 15)
e. P60
f. 6 Months of Natwest Bank Statements
Is that a typo? Do you mean 26 weeks?

IV. Living Accommodation
a. Letter of Permission from Home Owner
b. Title Registry
c. Accommodation Report
d. Council Tax Bill
Fine

V. Proof of Subsisting Relationship
a. Marriage Certificate
b. Photographs together (Wedding and Various)
c. Communication Logs
d. Flight Itineraries and Boarding Passes
[/QUOTE]

10-15 photos max
1-2 communication logs for every 6 months or so that you've been apart.

Don't forget you have to pay the NHS Surcharge before you can apply.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We paid the health fee already and are just about to send it off. Why don't we need the W2 and transcript of studies? In the new online application form it asks for employment for the applicant, my wife is currently studying and earning money through freelancing - I thought they would want evidence?

We have a print out of a sample itinerary from expedia, you know where you choose a flight and enter the passenger details - we just printed that page. Has time of flight, date and cost for the airline in$

·
Registered
44 Posts
We paid the health fee already and are just about to send it off. Why don't we need the W2 and transcript of studies? In the new online application form it asks for employment for the applicant, my wife is currently studying and earning money through freelancing - I thought they would want evidence?

We have a print out of a sample itinerary from expedia, you know where you choose a flight and enter the passenger details - we just printed that page. Has time of flight, date and cost for the airline in$

Did u actually pay ofthe flight or just a plan?

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Does it mean he has to book plane ticket ahead
No. That's what sample means. Just an example of a flight for a date around the time that he hopes to travel. You do this by going to a travel booking site, plugging in a date and simply printing out the itinerary. You should not book travel before the visa is issued.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
If she is employed then she should include evidence of that. Pay slips and bank statements are the best evidence of this. Transcripts are unnecessary. Whether or not she's in school is irrelevant.

This is exactly what you are supposed to include.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You should not book travel before the visa is issued.
Hi Nyclon, can I briefly ask the reason behind this? Is it a financial concern, or is having travel booked actually looked unfavourably upon by UKVI? I have booked a one-way flight for myself and had planned to give evidence of it, but it is a refundable ticket and not a waste if the application is denied.

·
Registered
579 Posts
No. That's what sample means. Just an example of a flight for a date around the time that he hopes to travel. You do this by going to a travel booking site, plugging in a date and simply printing out the itinerary. You should not book travel before the visa is issued.
I think it's completely unnecessary to provide an itinerary. Applicants are asked to entered a preferred date of travel in VAF4A, that's enough. I don't see how an itinerary proves anything, if the flight isn't even purchased. It doesn't really show intention either.

Just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It takes 2 minutes? Just do it. It doesn't even have to be the date, time or place you fly from it's an example only.

Also, I'm curious about how to book priority service. I found this site, but it says you have to attend an appointment at your nearest ASC? I though you just literally bought it online and sent it off?
UK Visa Information - United States of America - User Pay Services

·
Registered
171 Posts
It takes 2 minutes? Just do it. It doesn't even have to be the date, time or place you fly from it's an example only.
Our immigration solicitor told us to include the proposed itinerary; seems silly not to.

Also, I'm curious about how to book priority service. I found this site, but it says you have to attend an appointment at your nearest ASC? I though you just literally bought it online and sent it off?
UK Visa Information - United States of America - User Pay Services
And yes that's the correct website for the priority service. You pay for it before your ASC appointment and before you send off your application; you're correct that you purchase it online and then just make reference to the GWF number, and you'll bring with you a copy of application/priority service receipts to the ASC.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And yes that's the correct website for the priority service. You pay for it before your ASC appointment and before you send off your application; you're correct that you purchase it online and then just make reference to the GWF number, and you'll bring with you a copy of application/priority service receipts to the ASC.
Thanks for that information. Do you mean the print out of your online application, not all of the papers? Do they stamp it like the biometrics?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just mean you'll bring the receipt of your priority service purchase to the ASC, but yes, do print out a copy of the online application and bring that with you as well.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
If you are applying from the US you only need to bring your passport and the biometric booking receipt to your biometric's appointment. Biometric's are taken by the Office of Homeland Security and forwarded to UKVI. They have zero to do with the processing of the application so you do not need to bring anything else including the receipt for priority processing and the online application with you to the biometric's appointment. Just apply for priority processing before you send all your documents to Sheffield.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
I hate to disagree, but they asked to see my priority receipt at my appointment on Friday.
Since it is a U.S. Agency and they have absolutely nothing to do with the UK visa process, it makes no sense. Perhaps you misunderstood. The only things they should need to see are your passport and booking receipt. They simply take your fingerprints and photo and forward it to UKVI.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.