Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of filling out VAF4A appendix 2 and I am stuck on part 3A.

I started my position on 22/04/2015 with Company A who had prior to this been acquired by Company B. In January 2016 we signed new terms and conditions that transfer our employment effective from 01/04/2016 to Company B. The new contracts specifically mention that my continuous service began on 22/04/2016 and that I retain the same position/salary and work in the same location.

I now get paid by company B, but company A has been the one to issue all the letters for my past payslips and contract. I still only deal directly with Company A. I have written a letter explaining all of this, but what do I use as my current employer in section 3A. Do I list Company B as my employer or Company A.

Please help me understand if there are any rules or guidelines concerning acquisitions.

Thanks

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
It should be company B, but make sure you attach an official letter from A or B setting out the process of acquisition, and that your employment has continued uninterrupted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should be company B, but make sure you attach an official letter from A or B setting out the process of acquisition, and that your employment has continued uninterrupted.
I have letters from both stating this, and I am including both terms and conditions, I have also been advised to include the 12 months of statements and payslips so it is at the ECO's discretion. I am including the following supporting documents for the financial requirement, is there anything you think should be added?

• Letter from myself explaining employment
  • Form VAF4A - Appendix 2
  • Company B terms and condition
  • Letter from Company B discussing the acquisition
  • Company A terms and conditions + letter confirming authenticity and stating I retain my position
  • Letter from Company A discussing the acquisition
  • 6 month payslips + letter confirming them 04/15 - 09/15
  • 6 month payslips + letter confirming them 10/15- 03/16
  • Bank Statements covering the dates specified

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.