Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I am in the process of filling in the online application for my daughter. In page number 3 it says Spouse/partner. Does my daughter who is 2 months old need to fill this?

Thanks

Sorry I am so confused and I need to fill the form as soon as possible. When I looked at the application I see all the details on the left hand side i.e Personnel details and travel history, family details, employment, medical treatment, sponsor details...

My question is do I need to fill all of this or I just fill the under 18 section?

I really need an answer from you guys.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi all,

I am in the process of filling in the online application for my daughter. In page number 3 it says Spouse/partner. Does my daughter who is 2 months old need to fill this?

Thanks

Sorry I am so confused and I need to fill the form as soon as possible. When I looked at the application I see all the details on the left hand side i.e Personnel details and travel history, family details, employment, medical treatment, sponsor details...

My question is do I need to fill all of this or I just fill the under 18 section?

I really need an answer from you guys.

Thank you
What form are you filling in and what type of clearance is your daughter applying for?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What form are you filling in and what type of clearance is your daughter applying for?
thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for not making my self clear.

Actually my wife got her spouse visa and now I am applying for my daughter (couple of months old). We though she will get the visa sooner then what they came up with ( ECO). So she was born before the visa was issued.

Tahnks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
The applicant is your baby, so you must answer questions as they apply to her. Since she hasn't or isn't a spouse/partner, you just leave it blank or write N/A. Her sponsor is either the parent she normally lives with, or can be the UK parent who is also the financial sponsor.

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
The applicant is your baby, so you must answer questions as they apply to her. Since she hasn't or isn't a spouse/partner, you just leave it blank or write N/A. Her sponsor is either the parent she normally lives with, or can be the UK parent who is also the financial sponsor.
If he has ILR can he register his child as British?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Only a child born in UK whose parent is settled is British. Those who are born outside UK to a UK-settled parent aren't British, and have no claim to be British. Citizenship is bestowed either by jus soli (place of birth) or jus sanguinis (bloodline) from a citizen. UK only recognises jus soli if one of the parents is settled in UK.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the answers.

So I need to go through all the section and not just the bit where it says under 18? And of course filling it as my daughter who is doing it? Is that correct?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, just as you would applying for a minor's passport. So read every question carefully and answer appropriately! Some questions don't make sense, like list all your children, but just move on.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It gets really comical if in the unlikely event of your (her) application being turned down. Then the visa officer will address your daughter directly in their letter of refusal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fantastic Joppa. So any question which does not apply to her I just skip? There is a question where it says who you will be residing with in UK, all options are there except father or mother!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I really want to make so simple for the ECO. I will write few sentences about my situation and that my wife has got her visa already and now just can't wait anymore to reunite with my family. It costed me fortune to just go and come back every other month. What I done is after the short explanation is I drew a table where I wrote all the months and the salary for everyone plus when the money hit the account which is all in the bank statement. At the end I put the total and it came a little over£ 22,400.

Joppa you've suggested that I put a note on top of the file to say that this exceptional and the 3 months will expire soon for my wife's visa. What shall I write exactly please?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Dear Entry Clearance Officer

I would be grateful if you would please expedite processing of my daughter's settlement visa application. She was born just after my wife's visa was issued, and she has a window of only 3 months to enter UK in order to fulfil her 30 months of qualifying stay in UK.

Yours sincerely

The trouble is that the delay happens when your application is waiting to be looked at by ECO, so you need to email the visa office or the commercial agent with the same message. I don't know what good it will do, knowing that they only expedite for genuine emergency of a compassionate nature such as serious illness and bereavement.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Joppa, do you think my marriage certificate which was translated back in June will be enough or do I have to get a new one?

I have just submitted my application online.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
June translation is fine, assuming there have been no amendments to the original certificate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
June translation is fine, assuming there have been no amendments to the original certificate.
yes no amendments at all.

In another note, I am just put your note on the cover letter and maybe two or three sentences only plus the detailed salary for every month plus their dates. Do you think this will be sufficient? I am mean not like the sponsor letter where I wrote more than one page.

Thanks so much Joppa, you are a STAR.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.