Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filipino living in Spain with Spanish wife, do I need a visa to visit the UK?

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  xabiaxica 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Need some expert advise.

I have a UK residence card issued 2015 valid until 2020. I left the UK March 2016 and moved to Spain together with my Spanish citizen wife. I am a Filipino citizen. Now I have a Spanish residence card (Family of an EEA).

We are planning of visiting our relatives in UK on December 2017 for 4 days max.

My questions are:

1. Am I allowed to enter UK with just my UK residence card or do I need to apply for a new UK visa? We've already bought round trip tickets for December.
2. Am I allowed to to enter UK with just presenting my Spanish residence card accompanying my Spanish wife?

Thank you for all the replies in advance.

Best regards,

Reign

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
UK Residence Card holder re-enter UK now living in Spain

Just to add:

I have a UK residence card issued 2015 valid until 2020. I left the UK March 2016 and moved to Spain together with my Spanish citizen wife. I am a Filipino citizen. Now I have a Spanish residence card (Family of an EEA).

Can I use my UK resident card to re-enter UK?

#5 ·
I have merged your two threads. Please don't open another on related topic.
I think your residence card is no longer valid as you and your EEA partner have left UK.
Your Spanish residence card may be regarded as Article 10 RC if you came to Spain under Surinder Singh provision following a spell living in UK, where your partner was exercising EU treaty right.

#7 ·
So you can't use your UK residence card (expired by now) but if you presumably entered Spain under Surinder Singh, your Spanish residence card is Article 10 RC so can be used to enter UK without visa or EEA family permit. The words 'Family member of an EEA citizen' on your card are crucial. Read the link above.

#10 ·
But as the Spanish residence card says family of EEA national, it must have been issued under Surinder Singh provision of EEA reguations and not under Spanish domestic law. The importance here is the residence card becomes Article 10 document and the OP can enter UK without EEA family permit or UK visa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.