Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I am English and my partner is American. To keep the question as simple as possible:

If my partner is an American citizen in England on a FLR(m)- Further Leave to Remain (through marriage) after marrying me on a UK Fiance Visitor and has been in England for over 6 months, will we be able to file i130 for a US Spousal Visa through the USCIS office in London, rather than through the USCIS offices in America?

Kind regards.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Dear All,

I am English and my partner is American. To keep the question as simple as possible:

If my partner is an American citizen in England on a FLR(m)- Further Leave to Remain (through marriage) after marrying me on a UK Fiance Visitor and has been in England for over 6 months, will we be able to file i130 for a US Spousal Visa through the USCIS office in London, rather than through the USCIS offices in America?

Kind regards.
Yes, you will be able too. We did DCF in South Africa very fast!!

Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear All,

Kind regards.
Yes, you will be able too. We did DCF in South Africa very fast!!

Good luck
Sorry, I do not understand how South Africa relates to this question. Or what DCF is an abbreviation for? Could you possibly elaborate?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Sorry, I do not understand how South Africa relates to this question. Or what DCF is an abbreviation for? Could you possibly elaborate?

Thanks!
DCF Direct Consular Filing; and yes you can do so taking into account your circumstances.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yes,

Crawford is right. Some countries you can file directly with the Embassy through the USCIS field office. The unofficial term is Direct Consular Filing (DCF)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you so much for all your feedback! Has helped a lot.

Another quick question..

If myself (full UK citizen and wage earner) and my wife (US citizen in England on a further leave to remain via marriage) are filing i130 with the USCIS in London, do they still expect a US financial income of support? As we both live in London currently, will they take my/ our current salaries and transfer it across?

Kind regards.

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
To sponsor you need a US income or a co sponsor ....perhaps your parents
This answer is frustratingly incomplete. When the time comes to meet the financial sponsorship requirement -- not at initial I-130 filing -- there are also at least a couple other ways to qualify as a financial sponsor:

1. If you have a non-U.S. income, but that income comes from working for a U.S. company (or affiliate of a U.S. company) primarily involved in the export of U.S. products, then that income can be considered.

2. Wealth that is sufficiently liquid and large.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
The total net value of assets, less liens and liabilities against them, must equal five times the difference between the sponsor's income and 125% of the poverty level for the household size

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.