Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Request urgent help.

I have just received a suitable skills assessment from the ICAA in the Accountant (General) category on 18 June 2015.

Now while going through the information to file the Expression of Interest (EOI), it says on the website of the Department of Immigration Australia that the maximum number of applications for General accountants have been received. Does this mean that I cannot fill out the online EOI before July 2015 (when I presume the next year will start). Or can I fill the online form and still wait to be invited next year (i.e. from 1 July 2015)??

How does this work??

I want to get the process started as soon as possible

·
Registered
973 Posts
HI Anuj,
You Can fill the EOI anytime you want.
As long as you have all the necessary proofs ready to support your EOI(that means you have got a response for your skill assessment and appeared for IELTS/PTE if you are claiming points for that)

Its always advisable to fill up EOI asap as if you have less points its always better as invitations for less points is based on first come first serve

Hi Guys

Request urgent help.

I have just received a suitable skills assessment from the ICAA in the Accountant (General) category on 18 June 2015.

Now while going through the information to file the Expression of Interest (EOI), it says on the website of the Department of Immigration Australia that the maximum number of applications for General accountants have been received. Does this mean that I cannot fill out the online EOI before July 2015 (when I presume the next year will start). Or can I fill the online form and still wait to be invited next year (i.e. from 1 July 2015)??

How does this work??

I want to get the process started as soon as possible

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sukesh123

Thanks for your prompt reply.

So I understand that I dont need to wait till July 2015 to fill out the online form and my application will be in the queue when the next invite comes. My points actually are exact 60 so I should start the process as soon as possible. I already have a positive reply for the skill assessment and also have the required score for ielts.

Thanks a lot for your help. :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yes do it asap.
From next month onwards there is going to be only one invite per round. So if you wait or submit after 6th July you need to wait till August for the next round of invitations.
So the earlier the better.

Hi Sukesh123

Thanks for your prompt reply.

So I understand that I dont need to wait till July 2015 to fill out the online form and my application will be in the queue when the next invite comes. My points actually are exact 60 so I should start the process as soon as possible. I already have a positive reply for the skill assessment and also have the required score for ielts.

Thanks a lot for your help. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts