Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I really do not know if this sounds silly, however, Just thought I would enquire if it would anyway delay the allocation of a CO in case if the file naming standards are not met at the time of uploading documents online.

I have lodged my 175 Visa on 17th June and as I was in a hurry to move out of country on a business trip, i had to rush uploading documents and missed out following File naming rules mentioned in the instructions.

I have given spaces in the file names instead of giving underscores.

Now I see that most of the people who had applied for 175 after 17th June started getting Case Officers and my status still shows the Same old PROCESSING COMMENCED.

Would this mistake delay the CO allocation or would it have any further consequences?

Appreciate your views. Can some one help me here please.

Registered
hkona said:
Dear All,

I really do not know if this sounds silly, however, Just thought I would enquire if it would anyway delay the allocation of a CO in case if the file naming standards are not met at the time of uploading documents online.

I have lodged my 175 Visa on 17th June and as I was in a hurry to move out of country on a business trip, i had to rush uploading documents and missed out following File naming rules mentioned in the instructions.

I have given spaces in the file names instead of giving underscores.

Now I see that most of the people who had applied for 175 after 17th June started getting Case Officers and my status still shows the Same old PROCESSING COMMENCED.

Would this mistake delay the CO allocation or would it have any further consequences?

Appreciate your views. Can some one help me here please.
Sorry mate. Requirements are stipulated for a reason & if they are not followed there is every likelihood of some delay.

On a positive note, since CO has been assigned to your case & processing has commenced, don't worry. You should hear from them soon. Meanwhile, please collate all other docs that may be requested by the CO & have them scanned & file named correctly as per the file naming convention. Find out process/location for pcc / meds, etc.

Don't worry, it will be ok馃槉

Registered
No, this will not delay CO allocation and no, you will not be penalised simply because you did not name your documents correctly.

I would say that you need to relax; take the time to start planning your move as once a CO is allocated, things will move very quickly and that's when all the worrying really starts - you will be assigned a CO soon and if there are any documents missing, your CO will request these when they start working on your case.

The 'Processing Commenced' is a standard message for all applications - the online status defaults to this when you submit your application. It will change to 'Application being processed further' once a CO is allocated to your application.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maz25 said:
No, this will not delay CO allocation and no, you will not be penalised simply because you did not name your documents correctly.

I would say that you need to relax; take the time to start planning your move as once a CO is allocated, things will move very quickly and that's when all the worrying really starts - you will be assigned a CO soon and if there are any documents missing, your CO will request these when they start working on your case.

The 'Processing Commenced' is a standard message for all applications - the online status defaults to this when you submit your application. It will change to 'Application being processed further' once a CO is allocated to your application.
Thanks a lot for the reply Maz. Yes im parallely planning for the move as well. I might get an opportunity from my present organisation to be deputed on a project if i get the grant soon :)

Im still waiting for the CO though and waiting for the Australia Fed Police - NPC which they have processed amd posted 10 days back.

Hopefully I shld receive it by early this week and the CO will have all documentation by the time he is on my application :)

Thanks once again for the reply :)

Cheers!!
HK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.