Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent off Visa Friday June 2, 2017

Received Email June 5 2017 it was received and being assigned

2 hours later.... june 5.... got a VAF number and just saying i need to send appendix 2 to complete application

Never heard back?

Just because I got a VAF in a subject line without a decision did i get the visa?

logged into application portal and does not let me sellect IHS button.

Only payment ifo, BRP location and print application

Very stressed out... Did I get the visa?

·
Administrator
50,368 Posts
Have moved you over to the UK section of the forum. I take it you're talking about getting a British visa (i.e. a visa to go to the UK) and I think the folks here will have more information for you.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
You'll know if you got the visa when you receive your passport back. You didn't send Appendix 2 which is needed to process the application. Once they have Appendix 2 then your application will be put in the queue for processing.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
You could possibly scan and email Appendix 2 as a reply to the email sent to you, they may accept it. But you definitely won't get the visa without supplying the required documents (and Appendix 2 is absolutely required for a spouse visa).

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sent off Visa Friday June 2, 2017

Received Email June 5 2017 it was received and being assigned

2 hours later.... june 5.... got a VAF number and just saying i need to send appendix 2 to complete application

Never heard back?

Just because I got a VAF in a subject line without a decision did i get the visa?

logged into application portal and does not let me sellect IHS button.

Only payment ifo, BRP location and print application

Very stressed out... Did I get the visa?
No, you did not get the visa. It doesn't mean you were rejected, it sounds like they were informing you your application is incomplete. You need to send them a filled out appendix 2 ASAP, then you're application will go back in the queue and you will await a decision being made.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Visa is beeing passed around?

So i just got an email saying my" application was received in UKVI in new york and being assembled and prepared for assessment from my package was sent from sheffield to new york. Wife Priority Settlment from USA.

Is this a bit concerning why new york has it now?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The email system is not completely reliable. Spouse visas are processed in Sheffield so it seems likely that you were sent this email in error.

Nyclon,

I realized they also gave me the old GWF number that i got a refund for....

I called ukvi to confrim they werent processing one that was already refunded.

They had to " escalate it ".

What else can I do? I also emailed my MP?

Shes been on to my case. Should I disregard the New york email?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes. Just wait for the outcome, when you get your passport and documents back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So i ended up getting an email late at night that the old GWF is not valid because they looked it up and my current appicaiton is processing ( which is good). They Never said it could still be in new york or sheffield. And why i got that email in the first place.

The whole email a bit of a joke!

They are taking it as a tech error because its still a bit in the air for them. They will escalate.. to make sure they arent using the old application in someway

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
New York still processes a small number of settlement cases, but usually only for those who have made a special application through an agent to NYC.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe thats what happened to mine,

i bought a round trip courier label from Sheffield to Cali,

Will they end up buying their own?

Should i still track my package with the UPS TRacking code i bought?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So good news NY escalations emailed me it was an error! didnt say anything bout my stuff being in new york since thats what they emailed me

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sheffield Documents being Sent to Home Consulate/UKVI?

I was reading another post about someone saying that the processing times for different cities of their countries and that they might be sending it to their UKVI of their country.

I got an email from [email protected] saying mine is being prepared and assesed and received by UKVI NY?

not just for ME but for ALL OTHER applicants, are visas being backlogged to their home country? or does it mean any thing concerning in my application

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It appears that, in order to relieve pressure on Sheffield, some North American settlement applications are being transferred to NY consulate general for processing. No announcement as such but it's not unknown for Home Office to transfer processing without notice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.