Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little new to the US immigration game. I'm engaged to a girl from Scotland and we had been looking at moving there but now it looks like that might fall through so we may move to the US. So my questions are about the Fiancee visa for right now.

1) Roughly how long should it take to get an application together and submit it?

2) Roughly how long is it taking for them to be processed right now?

3) Can my fiancee still travel to the US on the Visa Waiver Program while her application to come on the Fiancee Visa is being processed?

Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I'm a little new to the US immigration game. I'm engaged to a girl from Scotland and we had been looking at moving there but now it looks like that might fall through so we may move to the US. So my questions are about the Fiancee visa for right now.

1) Roughly how long should it take to get an application together and submit it?

2) Roughly how long is it taking for them to be processed right now?

3) Can my fiancee still travel to the US on the Visa Waiver Program while her application to come on the Fiancee Visa is being processed?

Thanks for any help in advance.
K1 Process Flowchart

1. a week for some .. 3 months for others
2. 8-10 months
3. you can try ... most make it... a few dont....

rememer you are declaring you have no immigrant intent ...
but of course you do

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Go over the forms and the instructions. Fill out what you can, then apply for documents, make appointments ... As long as there is no skeleton in the closet and she is on the ball it should be under 30 days.
Processing time depends on numerous factors. One of them the quality of your application and the number of applicants in the queue. 6 - 12 months.
She can travel via VWP but it is a gamble.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there the paper work will take as long as you take to do it sorted mine in a week, the wait they say 6-9 months mine was 7 to the day as for visiting while waiting I did it twice the last one 2 weeks before interview and had no problems, however the us border guard did say a word of warning to me which was his words not mine " if you f this visa waiver up you f up your other visa" it was just him saying make you leave and continue the other visa hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts