Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my fiancee got refused a fiancee visa because apparantly we did not submit any supporting documents of our relationship. Its annoying because we have 4 big scrapbook comprising of pictures and cards of our relationship for the past 10 years. The receiving officer said that not to give it and just bring it in the interview. However no interview was done.

Anyway, now we have filed an appeal. We received all the orginal copy of documents submitted from the fiancee application. My question is do we send all these documents again or do we only send the documents to support why the visa got refused.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes it is faster to submit a new application. Currently out of country appeals are taking more than a year to come to court. Ensure that you enclosed supporting documents. It might be better not to have them in a scrapbook but to submit as loose documents. Ensure everything is up to date. If you need any more information PM me

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi. It has been a long process to appeal for my fiancee's visa. We got an email on monday stating

Dear
Please be advised that your appeal is currently being reviewed by an Entry Clearance Manager. As part of the appeal process, kindly submit your passport so that your application can be considered further.
Please send your passport via courier to the following adddress within 2 weeks from the date of this letter:
Appeals / AR Team (MNL/ 934880)
Visa Services
British Embassy Manila
120 Upper McKinley Road
McKinley Hill
Taguig City 1634

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO READ AND CONSIDER BEFORE COMPLYING TO THIS NOTICE:
Please ensure you include a PRE-PAID courier return envelope. You may use any of the following local courier companies, LBC Express/Aboitiz 2GO/JRS Express/DHL Express.
Should we issue you a visa, the validity start date will immediately commence on the date it is issued – this will be at any time within two weeks following the receipt of your passport. Therefore if you may wish to defer the validity start date at a later date, please mention this in an accompanying letter to your passport for an Officer to consider. We wish to remind you however that we can only post date visas THREE months from when they are issued
We can ONLY accept passports that are forwarded to us through courier.
Please be guided by these information accordingly.

Is this normally good news or a visa being granted?
If a clearance manager refuses a visa would they normally still ask for the passport?

·
Registered
39,120 Posts
Sounds hopeful but nothing is certain until you get your passport back with visa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.