Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm the British sponsor of my Brazilian fiancee, she was granted a fiance visa valid from 31st May to 31st November 2017 and arrived in the UK on June 6th.

We are getting married on September 4th and are now thinking about our next step, ie the FLR-M application, and have some questions. We intend to go for a same day premium appointment.

1). We changed the wedding date that we had submitted with our original application. The original date was in July as we had thought that her visa would be dated earlier than it was. Is this likely to cause issues or is getting married anytime within the six month period okay?

2). Do we need a new property inspection report? We live with my parents currently and had a home inspection carried out by the local council prior to the fiance visa application. The letter is dated January 16th 2017 and has no expiry that I can see, but January was a long time ago and I wonder if I need to organise another visit.

3). We are intending to aim for an appointment in early October, after my September payslip comes through at the end of the month. This is because I had a pay rise in April and waiting until after my Sept payslip would mean six payslips of the same gross pay, rather than five of the same (April - Aug) and one lower from March. Is waiting for a month after the wedding to apply for FLR-M okay? Or is it something that needs to be done ASAP? I intend to book the appointment at the end of August.

4). We have no correspondence for my fiancee at this address at all, and are worrying about not meeting the requirement of showing we reside at the same address. Opening a bank account has been fruitless with no proof of address, we can't register at the GP until she's paid the IHS (as far as I know) and adding her to bills isn't possible as this is my parents' home, not mine. Can anyone advise?

Any help and guidance is much appreciated, this forum is a godsend and was invaluable to us during our fiance visa application. Many thanks to all.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Not at all.
#2 Just reuse.
#3 There is no need to wait till October, provided you still meet the requirement based on pre-increase salary.
#4 Don't worry about it. They don't expect you to have documents after such a short time at the new address, but if you can manage to get something, just include it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa,

Do I need to include a variety of correspondence for myself at this address or will my six bank statements suffice?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You don't really need anything, but if you have joint statement or anything in joint name, include it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to pester with more questions but looking for clarification.

For the first flr-m after a fiance visa can we apply at any time after marriage or only within 28 days of the expiry of the fiance visa?

Also regarding the correspondence at the same address thing (beating a dead horse, I know, but this is proving to be a concern for us both) I understand the recommendation to just submit what you have... But what if you have nothing?

I think the only things we have with her name and address are completely irrelevant like store cards. We have nothing official and have not succeeded in obtaining anything official. Is this really acceptable?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
You can apply anytime after marriage.

With regard documentation just provide what you can (even store card correspondence if that is all you have)

·
Registered
179 Posts
The only correspondence we had when we applied for FLR(M) after fiance visa was an NHS registration letter.
I sent in several relevant documents for myself though.
Basically they do understand it takes quite some time to get any official correspondence

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks for your replies.

I'm confused re: the NHS letter as I thought we couldn't register my fiancee at a GP until after flr-m because on a fiance visa she is not eligible to use the NHS?

So it is permitted to register at a GP while still on the fiance visa?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.