Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm from Israel and my fiance' is British and live in the UK.
I applied for a fiance' visa and got an email confirming they got my documents on Oct 11th.

The application is straight forward, Category A for finance and we sent all documents they asked for but now I'm a bit unsure about few things.

1. I noticed that i should have send a photocopy of my passport with all the empty pages and I forgot to do so. They have my passport - will this be a problem?
(For my fiance I included a copy of his bio and pages that have stamps)

2. I didn't see anywhere that i need to send 'free to marry' as well, but i saw some people who sent it. We both never been married. I know that this is only relevant only for 3 months, and they ask for it when we give a notice, so i attached only my email to the uk embassy in London asking if i can get it through them before we give a notice - Does anyone know if it's a must for fiance' visa?

I'm really nervous as its day 30 and we heard nothing from them.

We want to get married at the end of March and we booked a provisional date, some of the venues we were talking to about the wedding are already fully booked :( we both hoped to be together for Xmas, but it might be we will have to wait longer if they deny our application because the above.

If someone went through it and can tell me if what we sent is enough i'll really appreciate it.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Keep in mind that processing times for settlement visa applications made in Israel stand as follows:

95 per cent of settlement applications within 12 weeks and 100% within 24 weeks of the application date
So a wait of 30 days isn't unusual. I would expect to wait at least another month for a response. Unfortunately as many offices shut over the Christmas period, it may turn out that you won't be together for Christmas.

As for your documents - I wouldn't worry about having not submitted a photocopy of your passport as you sent the original document. That should be fine.

As for the "free to marry", I'm not sure. We never sent it for our fiance visa application - wait to see if others chime in regarding this.

See this website here: UK Border Agency | Visa processing times in Israel for full information on processing and waiting times. Only 57% of settlement applications were completed in 60 days (keep in mind that is 60 business days) and 85% in 90 (business days).

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you were married twice, do you need both divorce decrees, or just the second, since you must have ended the first marriage to enter the second? (I know I should send both; the only reason I ask is because the first one was a while ago, and with it stores all those years in a tight file drawer, the raised seal is no longer raised; now it's just a gold sticker with just a hint of a raised stamp on the top fourth of it.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the answers.
We thought we would be together for Xmas because the processing times were 40% in 40days before :(
Taking the fact there were only 5 applications for settlement,
And as ours is very stright forward and we meet all requirements.

Still hoping to get it even few days before Xmas.
I already gave a month notice to my work place so will be unemployed at the end of this month so that's the reason I'm panicking more as I won't have my car or phone etc...

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Thanks for the answers.
We thought we would be together for Xmas because the processing times were 40% in 40days before :(
Taking the fact there were only 5 applications for settlement,
And as ours is very stright forward and we meet all requirements.

Still hoping to get it even few days before Xmas.
I already gave a month notice to my work place so will be unemployed at the end of this month so that's the reason I'm panicking more as I won't have my car or phone etc...

Thanks again
Most of the waiting times are while your application is in the queue waiting to be seen by an ECO. So your application being straightforward has nothing to do with waiting times. You never know how many officers are working settlement cases, or what the system is like. Hopefully you will hear good news before Christmas, but try not to be disappointed if it doesn't happen. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Leanna, I'll try not to be too disappointed. Just can't wait to start my life with him and be finally together without worrying when we'll see each other again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG

I just got this email - what does it mean??

Your UK visa application is considered, we will return your passport. Please allow enough courier time

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think this means that they have gone through your application and made a decision and are now sending back your passport! They don't tell you via email whether or not it's good or bad news, they make you wait to open your passport to see.

Good luck, your passport is on it's way!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
OMG

I just got this email - what does it mean??

Your UK visa application is considered, we will return your passport. Please allow enough courier time
Looks like I spoke too soon! A decision has been made on your visa and they will be sending your documents and hopefully your visa to you! Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heya! I'm from Israel aswell and we're going through the same thing. I'd love to speak to you. Do you have skype or anything? :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like I spoke too soon! A decision has been made on your visa and they will be sending your documents and hopefully your visa to you! Good luck!
Just got a text msg from UK embassy in Israel. :eek2:
So excited and stressed as well. They said my passport has been received at the embassy and I can come collect it.

Tomorrow morning I'll be there, so scared to open it!

Anyone know what shell I bring with me in order to collect my passport?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got a text msg from UK embassy in Israel. :eek2:
So excited and stressed as well. They said my passport has been received at the embassy and I can come collect it.

Tomorrow morning I'll be there, so scared to open it!

Anyone know what shell I bring with me in order to collect my passport?
Congrats! I'll be crossing my fingers for you.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.