Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum; however, my fiancee (Alisonjane88) has found the advice offered here to be very helpful. We're grateful for the assistance you've given us as we continue to navigate our way through the application process.

Yesterday I registered on the UK Border Agency's website, and have been going through the online application. I've come across the question where the applicant is asked to list any criminal convictions (including traffic offenses). I'm a good driver, but I have unfortunately managed to collect a couple tickets over the last few years that resulted in convictions. They weren't serious; one was for speeding and one was for using my cell phone at a red light :p

I presume these should definitely be listed/included in the application. In your experience, would a "routine" traffic ticket like the ones I've incurred harm my application in any way? I wouldn't be rejected because of a ticket, would I? I would think this is the kind of thing a a lot of people have on their records. I probably shouldn't be so worried, but obviously we want everything to go as smoothly as possible! ;)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Other than what we call fixed penalty offence, such as certain kind of speeding (e.g. caught on speed camera) which you pay the fixed penalty by post and doesn't involve court appearance/case, you have to declare everything else. Just give brief details of the offence and outcome, and whether the fine has been paid. It's most unlikely to damage your application, provided you are honest and declare.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.