Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

Just a question. I guess there will be more to come. Can anyone tell me if my fiancé is in the uk under a fiancé visa and we applied in Jamaica for the fiancé visa as he was in Jamaica at the time. Do I have to apply back to jamaica or can I do it in the uk???

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean?

You applied for your fiancé(e) visa in Jamaica.

Soon come UK.

Get married.

Need to apply for your FLR(M) visa after the wedding.

Yes?

If this is the case, then you should apply for FLR(M) in the UK... either by post or by PEO appointment.

PEO is faster (usually same day) but more expensive than mailing your application, and you'll get a Biometric Residence Permit within 10 days of approval.

Mailing your application will take a few months, and you cannot leave the UK while your passport is in with your application, but you won't be considered an overstayer if you apply for FLR(M) before your Fiancé(e) visa expires.

Once you get FLR(M), you can look for a job if you want.

Good luck to you, congratulations on your upcoming wedding and have a safe journey up! :)

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Hi folks.

Just a question. I guess there will be more to come. Can anyone tell me if my fiancé is in the uk under a fiancé visa and we applied in Jamaica for the fiancé visa as he was in Jamaica at the time. Do I have to apply back to jamaica or can I do it in the uk???
You get a fiance visa if you intend to marry in the UK and live in the UK. Once you are married and before the fiance visa expires, you apply for FLR (M) which is further leave to remain as a spouse. You apply in the UK.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that. Gonna start getting everything together. As it's a straight forward application I will not be using a solicitor so maybe a few more questions lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.