Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Sorry if this has been asked before. My USA born wife is currently here on a 6 month fiance visa that expires in February. I know we need to obtain a settlement visa that will give us another 33 months. In July/August she already submitted her biometrics and I sent in proof of earnings, suitable housing etc. Do we need to go through all this again, or is their a shortcut in which we can just send in our marriage certificate or something?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You will need to go through it all again, but at least you have a good template to start.

You will need to update the evidence relied upon for the financial requirement (bank statements, payslips, letter from employer confirming sponsor still works there, latest P60 if you have got a new one since), accommodation details for the next 33 months though you won't have to get another certified copy of the deeds or anything, your marriage certificate as well as photos of the wedding/reception :) Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need to go through it all again, but at least you have a good template to start.

You will need to update the evidence relied upon for the financial requirement (bank statements, payslips, letter from employer confirming sponsor still works there, latest P60 if you have got a new one since), accommodation details for the next 33 months though you won't have to get another certified copy of the deeds or anything, your marriage certificate as well as photos of the wedding/reception :) Good luck
Excellent, will let you know how it goes:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oki doki,

We'll see if we can afford it, I take it we'll have to get her biometrics done again. Can this be done prior to our appointment? And do we get any choice of then our appointment is made. And once/if the visa is approved how soon before she'll be entitled to work?

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you pay for PEO, they will do your Biometrics for you on the day of your appointment as part of the process. If you apply by post, you will be sent a letter to tell you to enrol your biometrics at a Post Office.

You get to choose your appointment date/time at UK Border Agency | Booking an appointment for our premium service. You will need to register and pay the fee (the full fee i think?) before being able to book your appointment. But you can register on the system and go so far as to see which slots are open and at which offices. Note that open slots disappear quite quickly.

Once she recieves her BRP in the post (which is normally only a matter of a few days after PEO appt for most people) and has applied (separately) for a National Insurance number, she can work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.