Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi everyone! I got my fiance visa today and could not be happier. i posted in another thread of my check list if anyone wants to check it out.

just some points for some questions ive seen on here.

- we submitted e payslips just printed from email, if you can get them certified great, but it also says in guidance that the website of payslip company can sometimes suffice, as we did. its up to the case worker if they think its good enough.

-lots of questions inquiring about intent to marry. super tricky with non refundable deposits with most venues, its a pain i know. even worse for us, we are marrying in swansea registry and I called them to get a provisional wedding date and got the bad news that they didnt do provisional dates anymore. so what i did is got the registry to email me an official email explaining they do not do them anymore and if the visa questions they can contact them. its more for the reason that we tried to book that matters, it was good enough. i also had my dress and engagement ring receipts.

-when i went in for biometrics every official said in surprise that i had alot of paperwork. this was a good thing. submit everything you can. also makin copies of 6 months of bank statements takes up alot of space.

-the other thing i did was make a summary copy with highlighter of every paycheck deposit into my sponsers account. im sure it made things easy for them to see that 6 months pay went in every month. not required but i bet it sped up the process.

-i got land registry online .i got it saved in pdf on my computer so i can print it anytime. you can get it here: https://eservices.landregistry.gov.u...0c6McFQH3SLFU/
thanks nyclon.

-i see alot of people here only got their originals back, i got pretty much everything back. its a bit stange. wonder why.

i just want to thank joppa and nyclon and everyone else for their help, i really couldnt have done it with your help.
now that i have my visa i can answer questions for any of you. send away :)

my proposed date was may 31, they issued it for april 29, its already valid yay i can go early!! i fly out may 24th :D

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
Woo hoo!

Lucky you.... one more full week of reality then a 3 day long weekend (Happy [early] 2-4 weekend to you!) before you run around and pack your stuff and finish out your (current) life in Canada because YOU ARE MOVING TO THE UK!!!

Congratulations!

ETA: If you're interested in voting in the next Canadian Federal Election, have a look here to find out how to register to vote by Special Ballot (last year Elections Canada was forced to remove the 5 years out of Canada limitation for Canadians abroad to be eligible to vote).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you provide scanned copies for any documents that you submitted?

I'm trying to sort out a lot of documents to have signed and scanned and then reprinted in the US for my fiancée to send with her application but it's only just occurred to me that this might potentially be problematic?

For example
- my bank statements
- consent to marry & sponsor
- marriage notice booking slip
- both our parent's marriage approval letters

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bank statement have to be original. My sponser sent them to me by post. He just printed off payslips off email.
We just photocopied the rest of documents. Even his passport info. Luckily good enough.
For our letters i just printed off my computer. We didnt sign then either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok thanks,

Re bank statements - I printed off 12 months worth of statements and took them to my bank and they approved and stamped each page + have a letter that they printed and signed stating my name, address and current balance (plus account details to match the statement ofc). This is all now scanned in, I should hope that scanned documents would be accepted..!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.