Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've recently joined the forum. My Fiancé is from the US and we're submitting an application soon for him to move to the Uk. I have a few questions and wanted some help.

Accommodation proof:
What documents are needed?
Can I have a statement from my parents to say he will live with us? (I'm with my family)
OR do I have to have a provisional tenancy agreement?
If I were to go with my parents house what documents do I need and how can I get an accommodation overcrowded report, will it effect hour council tax rate?
My family rent private.
Also my parents pay the rent and tax so will that be a problem?
what documents or letters will I need from our landlord?

We would like to submit soon and Id be grateful is I hear back with some advice.

Thank you so much!
Zara

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fiance Visa -Biometric App

Hi,

I understand the Biometric test will be given once the application is completed online. My fiancé is from the US and moving to the UK with me. HOWEVER does the supporting documents need to be submitted in the US or in the UK?

I live in the UK shall I post it/ take it to the Home Office in the UK? OR does it go to an Office in the US?

I hope to get a response soon.

Thanks
Zara

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
For accommodation, you need:
Letter from your parents inviting your fiancé to stay.
Letter from landlord permitting him to live (not always given because of new rule about the right to rent - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/right-to-rent-landlords-code-of-practice).
Property inspection report (ask their local council first, or surveyor or online provider).
Council tax/utility bill to show they live there.

Supporting documents will have to be sent by your fiancé to Sheffield after his biometrics. If he wants to, after biometrics, he can send his documents including stamped biometric appointment sheet to you, and you add your own (which will be a lot more than his) and send by special delivery to Sheffield. He will need to open an account with UPS, DHL etc for return of documents (only to US) and enclose details.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.