Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try make this a little brief.

Snippet background info:
- Applying for UK Fiance Visa (Philippines to UK)
- Category A
- Relationship 1 year, known each other approx. 3
- Engaged Apr 2017
- 2 Visits made to Philippines from sponsor in UK
- 1 Visit made to UK from myself in Philippines for 11 weeks

Questions:

1. If I'm applying under Category A, do I need to include my bank statements, or my current employment status. If not required, would it be worth to show? I'm currently unemployed, and receive remittance and will have roughly £2,500 in my savings account.

2. We've known each other since late 2014, however, we didn't date until late August 2016, we havn't got any logs since before August, as we only began skyping in August, and started WhatsApp not long before that. We communicated via other means such as TeamSpeak and Discord, and in-game chat systems. There are no logs available for these, and past logs we could have got have either been deleted automatically (only keep records for 6-12months) or because we changed devices those records were not kept. Therefore, we only have records for when we were actually dating till now, not from late 2014-mid 2016 when we just played online together and were 'gaming buddies' and 'friends'. Would this be an issue? What advise can you give? Is there an alternative?

3. Would ordering e-printed bank statements which will cost £10-£20 from Lloyds Bank suffice? I've heard people being approved without their statements necessarily certified and others declined. LLoyds has a bad rep for certification.

4. Would a 3 month old letter from employment suffice? or should this be under 28 days...

5. Would this be sufficient evidence for proof of marriage
- Receipt of wedding rings, engagement ring, wedding dress
- Provisional booking of venue, and reception
- communication with council regarding registration
- Pre-wedding celebration in PH to visit family who can't attend (receipt of flight)

6. Would fact that by time we send off application we had only been in a relationship for 1 year matter? and by time we're married we have only been together 1.6 years... I've heard people being refused because they had only been together a short period of time...

Thanks,

redstar :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
1. only include pay slips and bank statements /work documents of sponsor. Applicant's pay slips etc not needed.

2. Show evidence from when you actually got into a relationship and simply state that you had known each other casually since before 2016.

3. I would get originals where possible. what do the Lloyds e statements look like? Do they have your details on , when they post them to you? If it looks like a copy, certification may be the only answer.

4. Employment letter needs to be within 28 days.

5. evidence looks fine.

6. Being refused for only being together a short while is anecdotal. There are usually other gaping flaws in applications, when that is the case. As long as your evidence is water tight, there should be no problem. But you will have to prove that you had a subsisting relationship for that 1 year period. Make sure to share examples of your call and Skype logs/ communication and meetings (by way of flight tickets and hotel bookings), along with pictures of relevant points in your relationship.

All the best.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. only include pay slips and bank statements /work documents of sponsor. Applicant's pay slips etc not needed.

2. Show evidence from when you actually got into a relationship and simply state that you had known each other casually since before 2016.

3. I would get originals where possible. what do the Lloyds e statements look like? Do they have your details on , when they post them to you? If it looks like a copy, certification may be the only answer.

4. Employment letter needs to be within 28 days.

5. evidence looks fine.

6. Being refused for only being together a short while is anecdotal. There are usually other gaping flaws in applications, when that is the case. As long as your evidence is water tight, there should be no problem. But you will have to prove that you had a subsisting relationship for that 1 year period. Make sure to share examples of your call and Skype logs/ communication and meetings (by way of flight tickets and hotel bookings), along with pictures of relevant points in your relationship.

All the best.
Thanks for swift reply.

in regards

3. They have the name, bank logo and name, sort code, print date and the statement itself. It won't state 'copy' on the statement or paper.... is there another way to determine if this is to be classed as a copy.

4. Is there a law regarding this, I found the legalities surrounding payslips and bank--statements, but i'm panicking on the letter from employer...

5. You state 'fine' is there any other method of making this evidence better without having to spend anymore money.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Will the bank statements have your home address on them?

Fine is fine. You do not need to bulk up that evidence section any more.

All employment and financial documents need to be within 28 days of issue. I do not have an official link but I am sure you can find this online.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will the bank statements have your home address on them?

Fine is fine. You do not need to bulk up that evidence section any more.

All employment and financial documents need to be within 28 days of issue. I do not have an official link but I am sure you can find this online.
Yes they'll have address on them.

Thanks

I found the law regarding financial, but not employment, ...just worried about asking HR again, and also, it took them 4 weeks to give me first letter >_< so if I ask 28 days prior I might get the letter late, and if I ask earlier than that, knowing my luck -- probably earlier. heh, but thanks for replies.. ill enquire to HR about it now so they have a heads up for August.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Looks like your bank statements will be fine then. Especially if you are having to pay money while ordering them, sounds to me like they will be originals.

Hmm I see what you mean about the letter. I will have to defer to someone else's opinion/solution for this, not sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On a related note.

what if the accommodation (living with parents) the property is on sale... its been on market for 5 months, and atm its currently off market till mid August, we send application off in September....? we have wrote that we seek to live their temporarily until we're married and then look for alternative accommodation (rent out a flat, or mortgage).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On a related note.

what if the accommodation (living with parents) the property is on sale... its been on market for 5 months, and atm its currently off market till mid August, we send application off in September....? we have wrote that we seek to live their temporarily until we're married and then look for alternative accommodation (rent out a flat, or mortgage).

is this a good/bad idea?

·
Registered
924 Posts
That shouldn't matter. As long as you have somewhere to stay for the time being and have a plan foe the future, they don't care. And they won't check whether this property is on sale or what not. They only care who it's present owners are. Make sure to get a property inspection report.

We applied based on me moving in with his family , but a week into being here, e had our own place. I simply had to use a link and change my address with UKVI when we got our place.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, also...

How do we prove we are free to marry. In the Philippines I can get the required proof, but what about fiancé in the UK...? Sponsor has never been married before or engaged.

·
Registered
924 Posts
If neither of you has been married before, there is no need to provide any proof. That mainly applies to people who have been divorced or widowed, that need to provide divorce decrees or death certificates.

At least my husband and I did not provide any proof of being single.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, I read that anyone outside EU will have notice extended for 70 days, does this mean, after we give notice, we can't get married for those 70 days? Our intended wedding is 52 working days after we arrive in UK, so, this may mess everything up? :(

·
Registered
924 Posts
it is possible, yes.

Different councils appear to be dealing with this differently- Some only go for the usual 30 day notice. Some others take longer. But even amongst the ones that take longer, not all take the full 70 days.

It would have been better , for peace of mind, if your wedding wasn't within that 70 day period, but you may be lucky? I would call your local council and find out what their usual practice is.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think that if you have come to the UK on the fiance visa, it is very unlikely that your notice period will be extended to 70 days.

Theoretically all the checks have been done for the fiance visa to be issued and for you to be able to enter the UK, so although the registrar is obligated to refer your notice to the Home Office, I think it would usually just come back all clear within the 30 days.

My fiance arrived in the UK on the 10th of December, we gave notice on the 20th (we were told he had to have been in the UK at least 9 days) and we got married on the 28th of January, so only 39 days after giving notice.

Reactions: redstar

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, just a update:

I can get my employment letter updated
Bank statements , I can get certified (spoke to bank manager)
Got inspection for immigration tomorrow

Is there anything else I can do to strengthen the application, I'm just worried about the proof of relationship now. Also, my sponsor is temporarily employed 1 year contract, runs out Mar 31 2018, so 6-7 months after application is intended to be sent off. Would this cause an issue?? We printed off reports showing that past temps were all offered permanent employment...would this help to act as persuasive precedent? its highly likely offered permanent, and also going for promotion in Aug - should we talk about that?

Please advice!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
please can someone help regarding question above and

my fiance is sponsor, and lives with mum who owns property

the sponsorship undertaking should be my fiance or mum, since it says provide evidence that he/she lives at address, but all the documents are in mum's name not fiance.

we have consent/support letter from mum

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Your fiancé is still the sponsor. It's common for different people to own the property, in which case you need to supply documents specific for the owner, as well as the renter.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks Joppa,

and in regards the temporary employment issue (see question above), what advise can you give?

also, I used the NHS when I visited the UK, but I had insurance, would this be an issue when applying for fiancé visa, should I state I used the NHS and paid for it, even though my insurance did...as I don't recall having to get my money out to pay the lady behind the glass window.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bump, anyone please help

1. my sponsor is temporarily employed 1 year contract, runs out Mar 31 2018, so 6-7 months after application is intended to be sent off. Would this cause an issue?? We printed off reports showing that past temps were all offered permanent employment...would this help to act as persuasive precedent? its highly likely offered permanent, and also going for promotion in Aug - should we talk about that?

2. used the NHS when I visited the UK, but I had insurance, would this be an issue when applying for fiancé visa, should I state I used the NHS and paid for it, even though my insurance did...as I don't recall having to get my money out to pay the lady behind the glass window. What to do?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
#1 Don't worry about it as temporary job is permitted.
#2 You need to send in evidence, such as a bill from NHS and record of payment such as a receipt. If you paid nothing yourself, I'd just leave it blank.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.