Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Me and my chinese fiance are planning to apply for a fiance visa. I just have a few questions that are confusing me about the application process:

1.) When my fiance presents the proof to the UK embassy in Beijing does she need my original passport, pay slips, bank statements or will copies suffice.

2.) We are planning to get a civil partnership. Is it neccesary to book the date of the civil partnership before we apply for the visa? The registar asks for original copies of her passport etc, will i need to get these before we apply?

3.) Is it good to include a cosponsor even if it is the case that I am a full time worker. Will this act as extra assurance?

The documents I plan to include in the app are:

Proof of relationship - Skype Log, Facebook, emails and cards given to each other
Photos of us together
Letter detailing our relationship
Passport
Copy of my Bank Statement for July to April – and originals
Copy of payments slips – 4 months and originals
Copy of contract
Copy of C.V.
Copy of Degrees
Letter from Mother
• Inviting Applicant to live in her house;
• Giving consent and confirmation that she is able to and will continue to cover the living costs of the Sponsor and will also extend this support to the Applicant until such time as Sponsor and Applicant are able to cover themselves.

Copy of Land registry document proving that Mother is owner of house
Copy of Schematics/Blueprint of house (if available) – preferably showing the size of the room we will be staying in.
Copy of Mothers’s bio page on passport
Mother’s original bank statements, payment slips and copies of these.
Copy of Mother’s employment contract and P60?
Copy of Parent’s certificate of marriage

Can anyone recommend some other documents that I should include?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am currently going through the process as well (applying in a months time)

Your passport can be a photocopy (bio and any stamps for visiting your fiances country)
Bank statements and payslips need to be originals (bank statements from the bank). I am including photocopys of all of these as well.

I am including my birth certificate and my fiances (both orginals and photocopies) not sure if this is necessary but it does ask for it on the UKBA site.

For housing you also want to include bills, gas, electricity, council tax (3 - 6 months, 6 is better from my understanding)

I am including in mine, a copy of my fiances CV and any jobs he could apply for down the line. I am also including my mothers mortgage statements to show that she is up to date on payments etc.

Oh you may also want to include e-tickets from flights you and your fiance have taken to see each other.

For the wedding stuff I am including reciepts for booking the reception hall, quotes from my caterer, hairdresser and hopefully if the person ever gets back to me a save the date for the wedding itself.

As i said going through it myself atm and i am super nervous and anxious that I have all the paperwork covered >_< Will be worth it in the end though ^_^. Hope that helped a little.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am currently going through the process as well (applying in a months time)

Your passport can be a photocopy (bio and any stamps for visiting your fiances country)
Bank statements and payslips need to be originals (bank statements from the bank). I am including photocopys of all of these as well.

I am including my birth certificate and my fiances (both orginals and photocopies) not sure if this is necessary but it does ask for it on the UKBA site.

For housing you also want to include bills, gas, electricity, council tax (3 - 6 months, 6 is better from my understanding)

I am including in mine, a copy of my fiances CV and any jobs he could apply for down the line. I am also including my mothers mortgage statements to show that she is up to date on payments etc.

Oh you may also want to include e-tickets from flights you and your fiance have taken to see each other.

For the wedding stuff I am including reciepts for booking the reception hall, quotes from my caterer, hairdresser and hopefully if the person ever gets back to me a save the date for the wedding itself.

As i said going through it myself atm and i am super nervous and anxious that I have all the paperwork covered >_< Will be worth it in the end though ^_^. Hope that helped a little.
I have found this website (Google transpondia uk)to be super helpful. When I applied for my fiancé visa we followed this pretty closely. We also included a numbered and detailed list of all items included, and enclosed photo copies of everything as well. My application was approved within 24 hours, and it was not premium. The more organized you are, the easier it makes their job and the faster the approval.
Now I am getting ready to send off the paperwork to convert mine to a spousal visa, fingers crossed. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, i just want to say that i have a friend whose fiancee, a british citizen, returned home from spain. When they wanted to marry the lady was able to get the appointment even before her partner applied from the british visa.

·
Registered
125 Posts

Hi to all!

We are going to apply in the beginning of July for UK Fiance visa with no help from solicitors. We have so many question so far and we would be very grateful if you could help us to find answers...

To prove housing what other documents apart from mortgage statements are required? He owns his flat under mortgage agreement. Does he need to provide a copy of it as well?

I saw mentioning of various bills, such as gas, electricity, council tax for the past 3-6 months. Do they need to be originals? The thing is my fiance (who is British born citizen) gets all these bills via email, therefore he has only electronic copies which could be printed out only.
In the UKBA website, however, it is stated that no copies will be accepted. So if these docs really should be originals, do you know where he can get them from?
Same question related to mobile phone bills, he gets them electronically as well.

What other docs required to prove accomodation apart from utility bills and mortgage statements? Or, will those be enough? What about proving the load compatibility? Does he need to take photos of his flat?

Thank you very much in advance.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
2.) We are planning to get a civil partnership. Is it neccesary to book the date of the civil partnership before we apply for the visa? The registar asks for original copies of her passport etc, will i need to get these before we apply?
Hello - we too applied for civil partnership on a fiancée visa...

There are two appointments to book with the registrar. The first is an appointment to book for showing your identity documents, proof that you are both free to enter into a civil partnership etc, and the second is with the registrar of your choice for your ceremony (they don't have to be the same - or even in the same area. Ours were 200 miles apart!). You must allow a minimum 15 days between the two appointments, so we booked them a month apart. You won't need your documents in order to book, but just when you attend the appointment (they should explain what to bring etc - usually they're extremely helpful).

Some things I learnt about this initial Registry Office appointment:

• you both need separate documents of identification - two for you and two for your partner (plus all your birth certificates and anything that needs to explain any past name changes either of you had). Our RO insisted that we both had different documents.
  • you must book this initial documents appointment only at a "designated" registry office (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...ivHUDw&usg=AFQjCNFpFN8ce8MVe6UkrUjaB7pgqIRtvA - only these registrars have license to check and approve overseas nationals for marriage or civil partnership). Your ceremony can however be booked at ANY RO (they will ask which RO you are presenting your documents to in all likelihood).
  • your partner must have been resident 7 days and 7 nights in the UK prior to attending this first appointment.

That first appointment booking provides you with no written acknowledgement. We picked a date that allowed 4 weeks from my partner due to be arriving in the UK (just in case), and because there was no written acknowledgement we typed up a covering letter for the UKBA listing all dates and venues we'd arranged - starting with the designated registry office, then ceremony, then hotel accommodation we'd also booked. The registry office for the actual ceremony wanted a £25 deposit but they did provide a useful confirmation email, and so did the hotel for our booking (and had a nice cancellation policy so we didn't mind paying up front).

The designated registry office won't keep your documents so it's fine to take originals. We took all our supporting documents we'd used for the fiancée visa in case we were asked for anything else (they were still filed together :D ). Be warned that the registrar will likely want to interview you both separately and they will ask you for your partner's full name and date of birth. My partner has many middle names so that was a hiccup as I wasn't sure whether she used one of them or not!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Hi to all!

We are going to apply in the beginning of July for UK Fiance visa with no help from solicitors. We have so many question so far and we would be very grateful if you could help us to find answers...

To prove housing what other documents apart from mortgage statements are required? He owns his flat under mortgage agreement. Does he need to provide a copy of it as well?

I saw mentioning of various bills, such as gas, electricity, council tax for the past 3-6 months. Do they need to be originals? The thing is my fiance (who is British born citizen) gets all these bills via email, therefore he has only electronic copies which could be printed out only.
In the UKBA website, however, it is stated that no copies will be accepted. So if these docs really should be originals, do you know where he can get them from?
Same question related to mobile phone bills, he gets them electronically as well.

What other docs required to prove accomodation apart from utility bills and mortgage statements? Or, will those be enough? What about proving the load compatibility? Does he need to take photos of his flat?

Thank you very much in advance.
Most of our bills were online bills too, but try the TV Licence (that is still issued in paper form). Other bills I simply printed out with a note that all are now online only. These were accepted, BUT we did have original mortgage statements and title deeds for the house, so it could be they were happy that we'd sent plenty of other proof in original format so did not worry too much that our bills were online printouts.

For property load, we just stated "1 bedroom" but I live alone and so that was going to be fine anyway. I would imagine photographing bedrooms will help if you need to prove more than one bedroom (ie if you're going to be sharing with others or there are children involved). If only the two of you, then you don't need to worry about this anyway as they'd be expecting you to share.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Most of our bills were online bills too, but try the TV Licence (that is still issued in paper form). Other bills I simply printed out with a note that all are now online only. These were accepted, BUT we did have original mortgage statements and title deeds for the house, so it could be they were happy that we'd sent plenty of other proof in original format so did not worry too much that our bills were online printouts.

For property load, we just stated "1 bedroom" but I live alone and so that was going to be fine anyway. I would imagine photographing bedrooms will help if you need to prove more than one bedroom (ie if you're going to be sharing with others or there are children involved). If only the two of you, then you don't need to worry about this anyway as they'd be expecting you to share.
Thank you very much for advise. So he will also need to get an original of title deeds in Land Registry... Do they give such document to mortgage property holders?
As for load, there are two bedrooms and this should suffice I assume. I will ask him to make photos of his rooms :)

I have one more question... I saw among the sponsor's document requirements a employment contract. Should this be original? If yes, this should be obviously returned by embassy. I was told they don't return any document. :confused: Also, if he gets his employer to write a letter confirming his employment status, etc. Would this document be enough with no need to provide employment agreement? Or, can we just submit a copy of it?
Thank you again.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also, one more thing (before I think of something else! :)).
Since i am applying from Kazakhstan, they may have different document requirements in local UKBA. Therefore, just to be secure - we want to submit original of sponsor's birth certificate (if he finds it eventually!) and the notarised copy of his passport. Whate pages of passport should we notarise? Only biopages, right?

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Thank you very much for advise. So he will also need to get an original of title deeds in Land Registry... Do they give such document to mortgage property holders?
As for load, there are two bedrooms and this should suffice I assume. I will ask him to make photos of his rooms :)
He should have a copy of the title deeds already from when he purchased the property (the original will be with the mortgage issuer). I too have a mortgage but a copy of the deeds was included in all the papers associated with purchase of the house. This copy will be fine but original mortgage statements will also be fine instead (I only sent both to cover all bases, but I don't believe both are necessary). If you do want to nevertheless send title deeds too, you can obtain a copy of the deeds quite cheaply from Land Registry (you can order them online) but if he has mortgage statements, they should be enough.

Yes, property load is more than fine and you won't need to photograph. The form asks for number of bedrooms and the answer here will be sufficient. The only time to worry about this is when you and your partner are sharing the property with other people or children.

I'll let someone with more knowledge than me answer about emplyment details, but regarding the sponsor's passport, you merely need to photocopy the "bio pages" (that's the two facing pages with his photo and passport number). I don't believe it needs to be notarised either. At least we didn't. We just included an unsigned photocopy of my passport.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.