Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone
I am new in this forum, been looking for answer to my questions but can't seem to find any on google.

My Fiance is in the Philippines while i live and work in UK. we have applied for fiance visa to UK back in April but unfortunately visa got refused by the embassy as they did not believe that we are in a durable relationship and so on.... I am the sponsor holding Spanish passport and have been residing to uk since 2001 but lived in spain prior to that.

Due to my lawyers wrong infos and misleading advice, this is the result to our application. However we are planning to re-apply again and answer all they're ground of refusal...

Here are my questions:

1/ as a sponsor I have provided my original documents without any Copy :(.. most are not returned and they are very important docu such as P60/Birth certificate etc but these 2 are the most important, is there any way i could get them back?

2/ VAF4A >> PERSONAL DETAILS FORM (VAF4A DECEMBER 2012)
FAMILY SETTLEMENT APPLICATION FORM
This form is for use outside the UK only.
This form is provided free of charge.

is this the right form we need to fill in?

3/Do we really have to fill in the form online or can i just print the VAF1F form and fill in by hand and give it to VFS?

4/how and where can we pay the visa fee? on the website it says u need to pay using debit/credit on USD... i need clarification and guidance to this.

5/as a sponsor do i have to provide p60 and birth certificate?

YOUR HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Instead of re-applying for fiancé(e) visa, your partner should just apply for EEA family permit, as you are Spanish and exercising EU treaty rights in UK by working. If you haven't been living together for 2 years, you should get married - in the Philippines, in Spain or anywhere else first. You can even get married in UK, in which case she should get marriage visitor visa and then apply for residence card under EU rules in UK. Neither family permit nor residence card has financial requirement, no fees for permit and just £55 for card, and provided you can show durable relationship - same as what you are providing for visa, there is no reason why the application shouldn't be approved.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We initially applied for fiance visa under the family member of an EU national but this is the main reason his visa got refused, because embassy said he is not my family member and we are not in a durable relationship coz we never lived together...

we cannot apply for spouse visa now as previously we have applied for fiance, they said when re-applying u can't change from fiance to spouse to visitor as these might become their reason to refuse his visa again so for now i will stick to fiance visa :(

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Can you get married? That will solve the durable relationship question and you can apply for EEA family permit.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
In another country, or in UK through marriage visitor visa, as I have already mentioned?
I am urging you to use the EU route because you have already been rejected for fiancé visa and re-applying doesn't seem to hold much hope, as situation hasn't really changed. If you somehow can get married, you have the strength of EU rules behind you and it will be more difficult for Home Office to deny you.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Sorry to pop in between but may I ask what is re-applying?? can this b done in my case? instead of going for an appeal - can re-applying be much helpful for us to gain our visa with no hearing, no waiting time for 4-5 months. If so we can save our visa fees for fresh application:)
Joppa pls explain this process pls.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what i read from google and from here and advise from family and friends... it's always better to re-apply to avoid waiting for longer procedure and attending hearing and so on...

You can always re-apply at anytime only thing is that when they deny it again you'll lose the visa fee but can re-apply at anytime.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Plus re-applying means your refusal will stay on record and any future applications will attract further scrutiny (= more time). Also you are prevented from using same-day premium service for applications lodged in UK.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Plus re-applying means your refusal will stay on record and any future applications will attract further scrutiny (= more time). Also you are prevented from using same-day premium service for applications lodged in UK.
So, u mean that if at all my re-application gets refused, I lose my chance of appeal plus my visa fees, I have no chance of same day premium in UK (thats in future, if I need to)and further applications such as fresh applicaiton will be much scrutinised which will be a prob. Anyhow if we apply fresh , refusal on record will automatically lead them to further scrutiny. isn't it?

so appeal is the better option if my case is strong, to clear my refusal record and save our money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.