Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I wonder of you'd be kind enough to help?

My fiance and I want to get married in UK, and I need to get a fiance visa.
A problem -although we have enough money, it is held partly in savings and partly as dividends from my fiance's company, and combining these is not permitted in the financial regulations - very frustrating!

What would be your advice on getting a marriage visitor visa first? If we could do this, we could then transfer all the money into a savings account, so that when we next apply (for a spouse visa), the savings will have been in the account for 6 months, as specified in the rules.

I am a little worried, because the marriage visitor visa guidelines state that this is for people who dont intend to live in the UK, and will leave after their marriage. Would we be breaking any rules, and risking refusal of the spouse visa?

Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

Zhonzhen

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
A marriage visitor visa only means that you cannot stay in the UK to settle immediately. Lots of people have married on a Marriage Visitor visa and then later emigrated back on a spouse visa. It's quite common, especially for those who don't currently meet the financial requirement.

You could also marry in Russia or a tertiary country.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fiance vs Marriage Visitor

A marriage visitor visa only means that you cannot stay in the UK to settle immediately. Lots of people have married on a Marriage Visitor visa and then later emigrated back on a spouse visa. It's quite common, especially for those who don't currently meet the financial requirement.

You could also marry in Russia or a tertiary country.
Thank you very much for your advice!

Of course, I have some more questions now, if anyone would be kind enough to answer:-

Is there a significant difference between the waiting time for approval?

Do all the documents get sent from Russia to the UK, or do they have ECOs in Russia? (I'm thinking about any further questions they might have, and whether my fiance needs to stay here in Moscow pending approval).

Do they keep your passport throughout the process? We are thinking of going on holiday, but obviously can't plan this until we know!

Many thanks,

Zhonzhen

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you very much for your advice!

Of course, I have some more questions now, if anyone would be kind enough to answer:-

Is there a significant difference between the waiting time for approval?

Do all the documents get sent from Russia to the UK, or do they have ECOs in Russia? (I'm thinking about any further questions they might have, and whether my fiance needs to stay here in Moscow pending approval).

Do they keep your passport throughout the process? We are thinking of going on holiday, but obviously can't plan this until we know!

Many thanks,

Zhonzhen
Processing time for marriage visa is 15 working days.You have to apply in the country where you from,i afraid you need to sent your passport with all supporting documents so you cant travel with it(unless if you have duplicate one).If they have any questions they will contact you finance ( sponsor ) by phone or email,you will need to add all this information to you application and in sponsorship letter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.