Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a problem and I really need your advice, my fiance and I live with my parents

I don't have any proof to prove that we live together can you help me please with any idea

I have been advised that Tesco/boots club card statement might help but I am not sure
I have a Medical card with the address showing is this enough

Thank you

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
I've checked your posting history and your fiancé is here on fiancé visa. So are you getting married now and applying for leave to remain as spouse on form FLR(M)? Then you don't really need proof of cohabitation (as you have only been together in UK for a very short time) and just enclose your marriage certificate and some wedding photos.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've checked your posting history and your fiancé is here on fiancé visa. So are you getting married now and applying for leave to remain as spouse on form FLR(M)? Then you don't really need proof of cohabitation (as you have only been together in UK for a very short time) and just enclose your marriage certificate and some wedding photos.
Thank you for your help Joppa

Yes, I'm getting married, our marriage will be after a month (29/Jun) and I'm planning to apply for leave to remain as Spouse, if there is no other way

I have Indefinite Leave to Remain isn't there any other way for her to get the ILR with my link or the only option is to apply for FRM (2.5 years)?

For all other documents (chat log, inspection report) the Inspection report- can I use my previous document or do I have to get a new one, what about the other documents do I need new proofs?

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
No, she has to go through the usual 5-year route for settlement, just like those married to a British citizen.
Yes, you can use your previous documents if they are still up to date. You should get new financial documents, though they usually allow people in your position to submit the same evidence you presented for fiancé visa.

·
Registered
5,745 Posts
Joppa, while you're on the subject, I have a question for you... Will the couple need to meet the same financial requirement for each and every application made to relocate to and remain in the UK? If so, what happens if the sponsor becomes even temporarily unemployed, let's say long enough to not meet the financial requirement when the foreign spouse is due to apply for an extension of FLR(M)? Will the spouse be required to leave the UK?

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
No adjustment is made in such circumstances, but since the visa holder will be allowed to work, it's expected they try to meet the requirement, or the missing part of it. If that isn't possible, then you have to appeal on human rights ground under Article 8, esp if you have children. If that fails, they can still give you leave to remain outside the rules, or you are forced to leave UK.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, she has to go through the usual 5-year route for settlement, just like those married to a British citizen.
Do you mean that we can apply for the 5 year route from the link below
www,gov,uk/remain-in-uk-family/eligibility
If I am wrong please correct me

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
FLR(M) application, which give you 30-month (two-and-a half years) leave to remain, which then needs to be renewed for a further period of 30 months. After 5 years in UK, you can apply for settlement (ILR).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi all,

May I know if my fiance (sponsor) can use His bank statement (the last 2 months) before we apply for fiance visa as proof of address? as the council tax is named to his landlord.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Joppa
Thank you very much for all your help
But I am being little bit crazy about this
What is the different between the 2 year route and 5 year route
Partner (5-year route)

You must meet the eligibility requirements for the partner routes. If you’re 18 or over you must prove that you have a*good knowledge of English.

You must also meet the financial requirement of:

£18,600 per year if you’re applying only for yourself£22,400 per year for you and one child
£2,400 per year for each additional child

Why cant I apply for the Partner 5year route I found this in the link I have posted before

Please help I just want to understand what is the different between them and who is the 5 year route for?

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
You are on 5-year route to settlement, i.e. 30 months on first leave to remain following marriage and renewal for further 30 months, total 5 years when you can go for ILR. 2-year route is for those who applied prior to 9th July 2012 who could attain settlement in 2 years.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you Joppa but I'll have to pay for the first 30 months when it expires then another application and fee for the second 30 months then third application and fee for the ILR am I correct or its different

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
Correct. So £649 (plus £400) for first FLR(M), same again for second FLR(M) at whatever the rate is at that time and SET(M) at £1,500 at today's prices.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Joppa thank you for your help I have another question
Q1- In Section 13 - Documents of the flr (m) forms
Your relationship
Six items of correspondence addresses to you Nd your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category?
My wife and I only live for 3 months now since she came to the UK on May. What six items do they mean and what about If we don't have six items? Please help

Q2- for the Biometric how can she get this? Is this after we apply for the flr (m) or before

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
#1 Don't worry about it. Since she has only been in UK for a short period, just provide your marriage certificate. If she manages to get her name on a bill or a document, submit that as well.
#2 If you are going for premium centre application, it will be done when you attend the centre. If you apply by post, they will write to you requesting to get biometrics done at a select post office.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you very much Joppa
Regarding the Six items shall I tick that box or not?

other questions please as I am sending by post this week
Q1
6.7 Add all addresses you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application
# we have started living together since she arrived to the UK 3 months now, what addresses shall I write for this question

Q2
9.12 Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad?
#my wife had fingerprints when she was submitting the Fiance visa application in Ankara does this account against this question or they mean another thing

Q3 the police registration certificate
#my wifes visa doesn't say anything about Police registration do we still have to register her?

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
#1 Your current address where you live together and separate addresses for each of you in the last 2 years.
#2 Yes, include the Ankara occasion.
#3 You don't need police registration (certain nationals only). And nobody needs it for spouse visa.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.