Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

My Fiancé and I will be looking to submit our visa application next month. We have most of what we require, but unfortunately, we have an encountered an issue today.

My landlord will not write a letter confirming that she is happy for my fiancé to stay with me. I live alone in a 1 bed apartment, but she has issues with attaching my fiancé's name with her business.
Now, I understand that I cannot do anything about her refusal, so I am going to have to look into other options.

Does anyone have any advice about what our other options are?

Thanks
Fran

·
Registered
638 Posts
If your landlord is refusing to put her agreement in writing I don't think you have any other options. You may need to consider moving.

Has she elaborated on what the issue is?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - she has issues as she has never met him before and doesn't feel comfortable with creating an official document that will be used for immigration purposes due to her lack of knowledge in my fiancé's character.

I will look into moving property. It's a shame, but needs must!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New House...

So, I have been going through the process to purchase a house and we are a few weeks away from exchange.

I will be able to provide evidence that I own the home, but we want to apply as soon as possible. Due to the fact I will only be in the property a few weeks before the application is started, is this an issue? I don't have any history of bills etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I didn't include any bills ^
I just included council tax. See if you can get your council to send you one right away and include it in the documents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.