Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the requirements is 'proof of intent to live together permanently'

how do we show this?

Also, is there any guidance on how to structure the fiance visa application itself, e.g. the layout.... what do we include in the cover letter?? we have separate letters for proof of relationship and intention to marry.

Help please

Thanks,

redstar

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
It's impossible to prove your intent to live together, beyond the proof of intent to get married (receipts for rings/dress/venue/etc., registry booking, even a provisional one). You should have a written statement in your cover letter briefly describing your plans for a life in the UK together. The cover letter should include a concise timeline from the beginning of your relationship until present, just stating the highlights - How you met, became serious/met family, got engaged. It shouldn't be more than a page at most and should not be overly emotional. It's best if each of you writes your own, and there's no need for more than two letters, one from each of you. Just include everything of importance in your own letter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's impossible to prove your intent to live together, beyond the proof of intent to get married (receipts for rings/dress/venue/etc., registry booking, even a provisional one). You should have a written statement in your cover letter briefly describing your plans for a life in the UK together. The cover letter should include a concise timeline from the beginning of your relationship until present, just stating the highlights - How you met, became serious/met family, got engaged. It shouldn't be more than a page at most and should not be overly emotional. It's best if each of you writes your own, and there's no need for more than two letters, one from each of you. Just include everything of importance in your own letter.
going a step further, we also had my future in laws at the time write a letter for my fiance visa.

So depending on whose marrying who..You could get either your parents or his parents whichever ones are living in england to write you guys a letter in support as well. Just a couple paragraphs stating the usual pleasantries ect.

we did this for both visa's infact.

Also soon as the other he or she arrives, (can do most of these online by the way) have them apply for boots, sainsburies nectar card, morrisons card, tesco, ect. (all store loyalty program cards you can find that generate mail). I had more than enough store card mail we overshot what we needed and my lawyer was very complimentary of it .. I also immediately started buying crap from amazon as well so I had an overabundance of mail in my name for the marriage visa which you have to flip to pretty quick.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
There's no reason to include a letter from your future in laws. The only reason to include written statements from friends/family is if you have an arranged marriage which naturally lacks proof of a genuine relationship. Testimony from anyone else besides the applicant/partner is generally disregarded.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Accommodation rental/mortgage details of where you intend to live?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.