Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Im sure that a lot of people have asked these questions already but if someone could please help and put my mind to rest a little I would greatly appreciate it.

My fiance (who is Candian) and I are planning to start the visa process in May.

I have been gathering documentation to send to him and after searching through loads of different sites I am left completely confused.

So far I have,
My Employment contract (original)
6 months worth of bank statements from all 3 of my accounts (originals)
The last 2 flight itinerarys from going to Canada (e tickets with stubs)
His flight itinerary from when he came to see me (e ticket)
Passport pages the bio page and pages that have canadian stamps (photocopies)
My birth certificate (photocopy)
Supporting letters from myself and my family

Photos of us together in both Scotland and Canada.

On the housing front I am currently about to move into a house with my sister and her fiance so will soon have the lease agreement and at least a months worth of bills for that house.
I am also going to send bills from my mothers house to show what an average 3 bedroom house uses as I will not have enough for the accomadation we will be staying at.

I will have my P60 come April.
Will have a save the date for the Wedding in Oct or at the very least will ask the people at the church to write a short note saying I intend to marry then.

What out of that needs to be certified or notarized?????

Also are we likely to be refused on the fact I only make just over a grand a month? My monthly bills will only come to around £450 ( I will include a detailed budget with the pack showing this) and I have over £13,000 in savings. My fiance does not work but will have around £2,000 from family and friends.

I have not seen my fiance since Oct when we got engaged so will be sending internet logs (not too much, not too little) to show that we are still together, will the length of time apart affect the outcome? I have not been able to go to Canada due to work restraints here and the last time my fiance came here customs decided that our relationship appeared too serious and where worried he would stay so refused entry to leave. Should I explain this in my supporting letter?

As you can see I am crazy worried about this >_< I just don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for any help in advance

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Hey,

Im sure that a lot of people have asked these questions already but if someone could please help and put my mind to rest a little I would greatly appreciate it.

My fiance (who is Candian) and I are planning to start the visa process in May.

I have been gathering documentation to send to him and after searching through loads of different sites I am left completely confused.

So far I have,
My Employment contract (original)
6 months worth of bank statements from all 3 of my accounts (originals)
The last 2 flight itinerarys from going to Canada (e tickets with stubs)
His flight itinerary from when he came to see me (e ticket)
Passport pages the bio page and pages that have canadian stamps (photocopies)
My birth certificate (photocopy)
If you want to send your birth certificate (not strictly necessary as they have your passport copy), it should be original + photocopy.

Supporting letters from myself and my family
Photos of us together in both Scotland and Canada.

On the housing front I am currently about to move into a house with my sister and her fiance so will soon have the lease agreement and at least a months worth of bills for that house.
I am also going to send bills from my mothers house to show what an average 3 bedroom house uses as I will not have enough for the accomadation we will be staying at.

I will have my P60 come April.
You won't get it till May usually, but it isn't strictly neccesary.

Will have a save the date for the Wedding in Oct or at the very least will ask the people at the church to write a short note saying I intend to marry then.

What out of that needs to be certified or notarized?????
If you are sending originals, nothing. If you enclose a photocopy, the originals will be returned.

Also are we likely to be refused on the fact I only make just over a grand a month? My monthly bills will only come to around £450 ( I will include a detailed budget with the pack showing this) and I have over £13,000 in savings. My fiance does not work but will have around £2,000 from family and friends.
£105.95 per week in cash after housing costs is the minimum requirement. Your savings will take it well over that. Enclose his CV and sample job vacancy he can go for to show his job prospect in UK.

I have not seen my fiance since Oct when we got engaged so will be sending internet logs (not too much, not too little) to show that we are still together, will the length of time apart affect the outcome? I have not been able to go to Canada due to work restraints here and the last time my fiance came here customs decided that our relationship appeared too serious and where worried he would stay so refused entry to leave. Should I explain this in my supporting letter?
He will have to declare the full facts on his application. He should attach a letter explaining the circumstances, accepting his responsibility and that he is making sure that he meets all the requirements for a fiancé visa. Because of his previous refusal, his application will receive a special attention and will probably take longer to be processed, so beware. What you should include is a letter describing briefly your relationship from start to the present, and your hope for the future, and your fiancé should do the same. No longer than 2 sides of A4.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for that info,

I believe we still have the letter explaining why he was refused entry to leave and that he was allowed to stay for 5 days only. Should we include this in the pack? Do you think it will be a big problem that he has been refused? We were assured at the time that it would not affect any future attempts into the country but I am a bit wary of customs now.

What other documents will he need?
He is currently studying his IT certification so he plans to include that along with his CV and work history (this has mostly been working for his Father and Uncle) Should we include a short note from them stating that he worked for them?

I am hoping to go over there for a week to help him pack and see his family again should i include this in my letter of support as well?

I have added my original birth certificate to the pack and moved the photocopy to the back with all the others. I am sending a photocopy of all documents just to be on the safe side :p

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Thank you so much for that info,

I believe we still have the letter explaining why he was refused entry to leave and that he was allowed to stay for 5 days only. Should we include this in the pack? Do you think it will be a big problem that he has been refused? We were assured at the time that it would not affect any future attempts into the country but I am a bit wary of customs now.
As I've said, it's the applicant who needs to explain himself rather than the sponsor. The refused entry isn't fatal to his application but will be looked at by UKBA, maybe even referring it to the caseworking section in London. This may add 2-3 weeks to the processing time. Provided he acknowledges his mistake/oversight (never blame the border agents of heavy-handedness etc), and factors leading to his refusal have now been addressed, then I don't see why it should affect its outcome. Remember border staff don't make the decision over his visa application.

What other documents will he need?
He is currently studying his IT certification so he plans to include that along with his CV and work history (this has mostly been working for his Father and Uncle) Should we include a short note from them stating that he worked for them?
I don't think they are necessary. Include his work experience on his CV.

I am hoping to go over there for a week to help him pack and see his family again should i include this in my letter of support as well?
That's not material to your letter of support. Just concentrate on an overview of your relationship with a timeline, and your hope for the future.

I have added my original birth certificate to the pack and moved the photocopy to the back with all the others. I am sending a photocopy of all documents just to be on the safe side.
Good.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much!!!!!!

That really helps put my mind at ease a little, if you couldn't tell I am a bit of a worrier :p

I plan to keep everything as simple and short as possible and will make sure it is well set out and easy to understand so that the person looking through our file can find things easily.

This site is really helpful, so glad I found it. ^___^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.