Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some urgent help as my fiance is currently filling in the online VAF4A form.
It asks...
Q1.20 "Are either you or your sponsor currently married to or in a civil partnership with another person.

She will answer yes to this because I am currently going through divorce and will be divorced in september with final papers in october.

BUT...what we need to know is, (and this is complex) do I put the information about this person for this current marriage I'm currently divorcing in the Q1.21 section, where its asks "Have you or your sponsor previously been married/or entered into a civil partnership?"

She will also need to put another previous marriage which I have divorce papers from the 1990's.

Again it is not worded well enough for me to understand clearly what I should do here.
Is my current marriage/divorce classed as "PREVIOUS", that's what I'm really asking I suppose?

Need someone to clarify please???

·
Super Moderator
18,056 Posts
Currently married and previously married are 2 different things. You've already given the information about your current partner in question 1.20. You should give all the details: name, date of birth, date and place of marriage and briefly explain the divorce proceeding. It would just be redundant if you repeated it in 1.21and besides she is not yet a "previous" partner.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Nyclon.
Another problem now. MY fiance is online, she selected Appendix 2, but it did not let her fill in Appendix 2 (Financial Requirement) online!
She has just completed VAF4A for Fiance Visa (main form) online in Russia.
Does that Appendix 2 form need to be printed and filled in by hand and then taken to Moscow with her application next week at appointment she will book online?
Nothing was mentioned and we are worried will be paid for but incomplete?
Aaargghh! It's never easy. :-(

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you 100% sure? It says if application is not complete do not pay.
She ticked the box Appendix 2 and then it took her directly to the book the in person appointment in Moscow page.
Now she cannot go back to see if this Appendix 2 page has further information or if it means complete Appendix 2 online or submit paper version?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much Nyclon! You and Joppa have been an amazing help. You have both given myself and my fiance peace of mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.