Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I am looking to get married to a US citizen in the UK who currently lives in the US and intends to get settlement (FLR) to live in UK with me. I am not clear in how to go about applying and have some questions..

1. Can we apply as a fiance visa with the intention of getting married within 6 months of arriving or must we apply as unmarried / same sex partners?

2. Must he apply for the fiance visa in the US?

3. For financial requirement, I have been earning JUST over the minimum required however I am looking to change jobs to have a higher income. Will this affect the outcome of the application as I have just started the new job? From what I was told, they calculate the last 12 months of your earnings and does not matter whether you change jobs or not, so long as it "adds up" ? Must I have the new job for at least 6 months before applying for the visa?

4. I need new job to move to a bigger place to accommodate us both, will a 1 bedroom flat with at least 6 months tenancy agreement suffice?

5. Will he need to pay for healthcare charge and how do I find out the total costs? Including applying for FLR as spouse etc.

Many thanks for your help.

·
Registered
39,126 Posts
#1 Yes, fiancé visa.
#2 Yes.
#3 Yes, you can apply under Cat B. You must be in you new job earning at least the minimum, and during the last 12 months you have earned at least £18,600 from your two jobs.
#4 Yes.
#5 Yes, but only when he applies on FLR(M) after Marriage. It will cost £500.
Current visa costs are:
Fiancé visa £1,464
FLR(M) £993 by post, extra £590 at premium service centre (usually while-you-wait)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.