Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Evening,

I'm hoping to move to the UK from Canada to be with my Fiance and I've been reading into suitable visas. A fiance visa seems to suit what we want most, but I don't understand the financial requirement of £18,600 a year, does that need to be my earnings or my fiances, who is a British citizen? If so, how am I meant to prove it? What if I don't meat this requirement?

Also, is there any more financial requirements that aren't clearly stated like proof of savings or anything.

I got my information from the UK Border Agency, Home Office website.

Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
It's the UK partner who must prove that they can support the non-UK partner. Having a job earning £18,600/year is one of the ways to meet the financial requirement. Documentation includes 6 months of bank statements, 6 months of pay slips, a job contract and a current letter of employment.

Other ways to meet the financial requirement are detailed here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...DIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My fiance has medical issues that limit how many hours she can work. She doesn't claim benefits just works as much as she can physically handle. Does that make her exempt from the financial requirement as she only earns £10,500 a year?

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
If she doesn't claim any benefits or allowances and that is her only source of income, then no. Read through the section on adequate maintenance and see if any of that applies to her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.