Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi to all,

I'm a British Citizen while my fiance is American who i met while studying at a US college.

we both graduated in May this year and I moved back to the UK in order to get work to sponsor him.

I earn just over 14,000 annually and have received payments since July 2013.

As I am below the 18,600 I also have 28,000 in saving accounts in my name.

My question is, what category do I apply under for financial and am I right in believing it is 6 months worth of wage slips and also bank statements of the money being in my name for over 6 months too?

Am I right in believing i can apply under category A and D?

Thanks,

Kate

·
Registered
39,118 Posts
Cat A + D.
Six monthly pay slips, bank statement, employment letter and signed contract. You won't have P60 so that's fine.
Statement showing your savings have been in a cash account for 6 months keeping the minimum required balance throughout.
All being well, you can apply in January.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cat A + D.
Six monthly pay slips, bank statement, employment letter and signed contract. You won't have P60 so that's fine.
Statement showing your savings have been in a cash account for 6 months keeping the minimum required balance throughout.
All being well, you can apply in January.
Thank you for the quick reply. I have the money in three different accounts and one was a fixed one year interest account. When reading the financial requirement PDF I realised that this isn't suitable so i have moved the money out of that account to the other main one (the other being an online ISA)

Does it matter that I have moved the money to a different bank account (but it has always stayed under my name)?

Kate

·
Registered
39,118 Posts
Yes, but you must wait 6 months since the transfer for that money to be available for Cat D.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, but you must wait 6 months since the transfer for that money to be available for Cat D.
I've had 28,000 in my name since May 2013. some in an ISA, some in an online instant savings and the other in a fixed rate saving. this saving does not allow me to access the money until after a year, I managed to get the money out that account (transfer the account to an instant access although with the same bank)

does this mean it is now six months since this change?

I really hope not :(

·
Registered
39,118 Posts
Yes, I am afraid so. Six months in a ready access account is the rule. Someone recently got their application denied because Home Office refused to recognise funds that have been paid into another account in the past 3 months.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I am afraid so. Six months in a ready access account is the rule. Someone recently got their application denied because Home Office refused to recognise funds that have been paid into another account in the past 3 months.
:(

Would the fixed rate saver (2 year savings fixed rate)have been ok as although funds cannot be accessed until maturity of account it could have been closed giving access?

The fact the account can be closed whenever, agree with the rules?

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.