Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please Help! Fiance Visa Financial Requirement Question

Hi All,

I have a question about filling the financial requirement on FLR(M) form and I was wondering if you could help.

I am combining my income from self-employment (2012-2013 financial year) and my Fiance's salaried employment (more than 6 months).

My Fiance had different salaries over the past two years (Part-time, then promoted to full-time) and her salary has changed again last month (New Permanant Contract). So in the field 7.3: Current annual salary do I put her most recent salary (From August 2013) or her salary according to her P60 (matching my financial year)?

Thanks

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Not really because when combining with self-employment, it's the income during the same accounting period that matters, not their current salary. The letter of employment must refer to the same period.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not really because when combining with self-employment, it's the income during the same accounting period that matters, not their current salary. The letter of employment must refer to the same period.
OK, can I ask you another question? for the same period (Financial year April 2012-April2013) , it is unlikely that she can get a letter for that period exclusively, as the first 6 months (April 2012-Sept 2012) she was on a part-time contract, and the second 6 months (September 2012-April 2013) she was on a full-time contract. Two separate contracts, both contracts starts from September -August every year.

she does have both contracts, and confirmation that her hours has changed to full-time for that period only, would this be enough? If she cannot get a letter from a employer, is there any other options?

I know it is complicated but I appreciate if you could help.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
"13(e) Where the person is self-employed, their gross annual income will be the total of their gross income from their self-employment, from any salaried employment they have had, from specified non-employment income received by them or their partner, and from income from a UK or foreign State pension or a private pension received by them or their partner, in
the last full financial year or as an average of the last two full financial years. The requirements of this Appendix for specified evidence relating to these forms of income shall apply as if references to the date of application were references to the end of the relevant financial year(s)."

So you need letter drawn up that reflects the situation at the end of last tax year, i.e. 5th April 2013, plus both contracts, and pay slips and bank statement for the same period.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"13(e) Where the person is self-employed, their gross annual income will be the total of their gross income from their self-employment, from any salaried employment they have had, from specified non-employment income received by them or their partner, and from income from a UK or foreign State pension or a private pension received by them or their partner, in
the last full financial year or as an average of the last two full financial years. The requirements of this Appendix for specified evidence relating to these forms of income shall apply as if references to the date of application were references to the end of the relevant financial year(s)."

So you need letter drawn up that reflects the situation at the end of last tax year, i.e. 5th April 2013, plus both contracts, and pay slips and bank statement for the same period.
I spoke briefly to an immigration advisor today, what he suggest was to put in 7.3: Income from salaried employment , Current Annual Salary : Her new salary (according to new contract) and for

section 7.3A - XIV What is your sponsors annual income before tax put the earnings according to her P60.

This does not make much sense to me and it is quite confusing, Is the advisor wrong?

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
We don't give second opinion to a professional advice, as we are all volunteers giving our services free. You should be paying another professional for confirmation or contrary opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.