Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have applied for my UK Fiance visa in July 12th 2013. The visa status shows "Under process at BHC".

Th problem is, my fiance might quit his job and go into self employment or join another company. Will this affect our application in any way given that when the visa was applied he had been in that job and met the financial requirements comfortably?

Also for FLR(M) (if everything goes fine with the current application :fingerscrossed: ) we need to provide proof for financial requirement. Will our case be still strong if my fiance goes self employed now but still meets/exceeds financial requirement limit through category B?

This current change in the job situation was highly unexpected and we are quite worried if this affects our visa situation. Any advice regarding this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sindhu

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi,

I have applied for my UK Fiance visa in July 12th 2013. The visa status shows "Under process at BHC".

Th problem is, my fiance might quit his job and go into self employment or join another company. Will this affect our application in any way given that when the visa was applied he had been in that job and met the financial requirements comfortably?
Yes, if UKBA call and inquire with his employer and he is no longer there, you risk your application being refused. He should remain in his current job until you have received your visa.

Also for FLR(M) (if everything goes fine with the current application :fingerscrossed: ) we need to provide proof for financial requirement. Will our case be still strong if my fiance goes self employed now but still meets/exceeds financial requirement limit through category B?
As long as he continues to meet the financial requirements, you should be fine. Do keep in mind that meeting the requirements using self-employment income is by far the HARDEST way as the list of documents required is long and complicated. He will require a full financial year's worth of documents. Have a search through the forum regarding what he would need to meet the requirements using self-employment income.

This current change in the job situation was highly unexpected and we are quite worried if this affects our visa situation. Any advice regarding this is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sindhu
Really, it's best for him to stay in his current job until you have received your visa. Once you have received your visa, he can move on to self-employment or another job.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, if UKBA call and inquire with his employer and he is no longer there, you risk your application being refused. He should remain in his current job until you have received your visa.
Thanks Leanna.. Just wanted to clarify one doubt. If he gets job in another company immediately after quitting his current job can we send this information to UKBA explaining our current situation and providing the employment letter from the new company?

Thanks in advance,

Sindhu

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Thanks Leanna.. Just wanted to clarify one doubt. If he gets job in another company immediately after quitting his current job can we send this information to UKBA explaining our current situation and providing the employment letter from the new company?

Thanks in advance,

Sindhu
No. You can only send additional documents/information if they are requested by the ECO. If he changes jobs and UKBA make an inquiry about his employment status at the job he left, it would be up to the ECO as to whether they request additional documents or refuse the visa. Again, safer for him to remain at his current job, even if the new job also meets the financial requirements.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I totally understand it would be best to remain in the job you support the application with, but what if someone lost their job in that time and had to go elsewhere?

I'm a temporary worker so my employer only has to give one week's notice so this could happen to me at any time. I have been offered a permanent position elsewhere and I will have to run the risk of submitting additional information because I don't know when that sort of position will be available again.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Sindhu
Hi Sanders, I totaly go woth Leanna's advice as this might create problem with the issue of visa, as I was also in a similar situation as my husband joined a new job after 2 weeks of submission of the application and we could not arrange the HR employment letter plus 2 more prob related the educaitonal cert. and genuine relationship and so its better to b in the same job till u get the visa in hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.