Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Fiance will be applying for her UK Fiance Via this week. :)
Could I please get some of you very kind experts to have a look at what we plan to submit and give advice about if we have everything or whether we have provided "too much" in some regards or anything missing?

Fiance Visa Application checklist:

1. VAF4A Family Settlement Application
2. VAF4A Financial Requirement and also Sponsor Undertaking form SU07/12
3. Sponsor letter of invite
4. Applicant Letter of intent
5. Applicant Travel Passport (original)
6. Applicant previous Travel Passport (original)
7. Applicant 2 x Passport sized photos
8. Applicant birth certificate (original)
9. Applicant Russian Passport (original)
10. Letter from NHS explaining no money is owed for treatment at Minor Injuries Unit at local UK hospital, while holidaying in England. (Sent via email)
11. Applicant Bank statements (original)
12. English Test Certificate (original) and consent for Processing Personal Biometric data
13. Applicant University Degree (original)
14. Applicant Letter from employer (original)
15. Sponsor’s UK Passport (original and copy)
16. Sponsor’s Australian passport (copy)
17. Applicant’s Birth Certificate
18. Sponsor’s letter from Employer
19. Applicant’s Sponsor’s Employment Contract since 2009 (original)
20. Sponsor’s 6 months Payslips and letter from company accountant verifying authenticity. (originals)
21. Sponsor’s 6 months bank statements (originals)
22. Sponsor’s British Citizenship certificate
23. Sponsor’s P60 from 2013 (original)
24. Sponsor’s letter from Landlord/Letting Agent
25. Sponsor’s Utility Bills from N-Power, Plusnet and also Local Council Tax bill for 2013/2014
26. Sponsor’s photographs of house showing exterior and all rooms interior
27. Sponsor’s Rental Tenancy Agreement
28. Letter from Sponsor’s solicitor outlining that divorce was filed 26th July 2013 and will be heard 16th Sepetember and final on 17th October 2013.
29. Sponsor’s Divorce Solicitor’s account statement shown as paid for Divorce
30. Sponsor’s Divorce filing tax invoice/receipt for Australian Federal Court showing when divorce was filed, and also first page of Divorce Application showing Divorce filed/stamped by court and dated.
31. Email correspondence (chain of replies) from local Registry Office asking for Provisional marriage date to be set.
32. Photographs of us on holiday in UK during two visits in April 2013 and July 2013.
33. Birthday, New Year and Valentine’s Day cards
34. Whats App mobile phone chat records from texting each other (20 chats covering a period from November 2012 until June 2013)
35. Email chats between us (10 emails covering past 10 months), Printed record of Viber calls on our phones and 2 Screen shots of Skype calls printed on A4.
36. Applicants Flight/Travel tickets/boarding passes printed
37. Applicants Entry stamps in passport showing travel to UK in April and July 2013.
38. Printout of Hotel bookings in UK
39. Printed chats from original meeting on dating website
40. Applicants screenshot from social network site at time of engagement showing comments from friends and photos of us together online.
41. Correspondence with wedding venues and brochures sent to us.
42. Sponsor’s Certificate of Divorce Decree Absolut) from another previous marriage
43. Sponsor’s Local Council Voting/Polling Card

I have dual citizenship (British and Australian) and my Fiance (applicant) is a Russian citizen who has travelled to the UK twice to visit/meet me, and she also travelled to the USA, Italy and other parts of Europe in past years. She currently holds a 6 month UK Visitor Visa and is now ready to apply for her UK Fiance Visa so we can be together and get married.

We would like to thank oluwanifemi, nyclon and joppa for some super swift replies regarding some "grey areas" in some of the questions being asked in the forms and in regard to documents required.
We are hoping for a speedy and successful outcome because we are very much in love and miss each other like crazy.

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
You don't need:

Applicant's birth certificate, bank statement, university degree or letter from employer. None of these things are relevant to the application and the won't be considered. Don't clutter your application with unnecessary documents.

You don't need your citizenship certificate. Your UK passport is enough. You don't need a polling card. Again, don't clutter thing.

You don't need actual correspondence. Screen shots of logs are fine.

What is a travel passport?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks nyclon, you are amazing. Thank you for looking at this so quickly for us.
Apparently Russian citizens have two passports. One for International travel (proper passport as it is known) and one for domestic travel. I believe the domestic one (also called a passport by Russian people) is a bit more like a national identity card.

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
Thanks nyclon, you are amazing. Thank you for looking at this so quickly for us.
Apparently Russian citizens have two passports. One for International travel (proper passport as it is known) and one for domestic travel. I believe the domestic one (also called a passport by Russian people) is a bit more like a national identity card.
I would only include the international passport-the one actually used to leave the country. Also, anything not in English will need to be officially translated.

To be clear you need both your employment contract and a letter of employment. Also, you will need a letter from your landlord giving your fiancé permission to live there.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again.
Yes I have my employment contract and also a letter from my employer.
I also have a letter from manager of accounts department stating that my payslips are authentic as they are sent via email and then printed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't need:

Applicant's birth certificate, bank statement, university degree or letter from employer. None of these things are relevant to the application and the won't be considered. Don't clutter your application with unnecessary documents.

You don't need your citizenship certificate. Your UK passport is enough. You don't need a polling card. Again, don't clutter thing.

You don't need actual correspondence. Screen shots of logs are fine.

?
Should I provide my Birth Certificate?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.