Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in the process of obtaining all the documentation for the fiance visa. I’ve read numerous posts about the list of items that need to be sent for approval. I know everyone’s situation is slightly different, so I want to make sure that I have everything I need before sending the package. I’m planning on applying early spring (March-April) with a wedding date of August 9, 2014!

Just a side note...we have not been married before.

Documentation
My current and previous passport
Fiance’s copy of passport biometrics page - certified by notary
2 color photographs - I’ve read that they need to be 45mm x 35mm, is this correct?
My birth certificate
Fiance’s birth certificate - Is this necessary? I’ve read mixed opinions.

Wedding Details
Church contract and letter from Reverend
Reception venue contract and receipt of deposit
Cake contract and receipt of deposit
Florist contract and receipt of deposit
Photography contract and receipt of deposit
Engagement ring photo and receipt of purchase
Wedding dress contract and receipt of deposit
Save the Date card and receipt of purchase

Financial / Work Documents
6 months of original bank statements
6 months of original wage statements
Recent P60
Letter from Royal Air Force employment verification
Royal Air Force work contract

Proof of Relationship
Photos of us from each visit w/ stamped date - 3 each trip - about 10 trips
Skype logs (screen shots) - they begin from March 2012 - should I include every few months?
Facebook conversations (screen shots) - they begin from March 2010 - will include first couple of months of relationship and then sporadic every couple of months
Cell phone call logs - from the very beginning of our relationship - about 6 months worth
Text messages (screen shots) - they begin from March 2012 - should I include every few months?
Flight itineraries - email confirmation - some have boarding passes

Accomodation
Title Land Registry - his parents own their home. I will be staying with them during the visa timeframe
Letter from his parents stating I can stay with them
Letter from Royal Air Force stating we will have a married quarter accommodation while based in Cyprus

Questions: I will be moving to Cyprus after we are married to live with my husband on the UK base where he’s stationed. Other than the letter from the RAF stating we have accommodation, is there any other requirements? Also, do I need any additional information from his parents in regards to me stating with them during the few months. I’ve seen posts where individuals include several pieces of documentation for proof of ownership and/or space for accommodation.

Additional Information
Letter from both myself and fiance of our intent to marry and our plans for the future
Potential flight option (print out) to take once visa received

I’ve read to have documentation in two piles, not in binders, but clipped or wrapped together. In terms of priority service, is this paid for after the initial application process, but before the shipment to Sheffield?

Thank you again!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You have to complete Appendix 3 (dependant of HM Forces member), which has a totally different requirement from Appendix 2 (financial requirement). Also while your application initially goes to Sheffield, it will be processed by a special unit in Croydon dealing with UK military, so I'm not sure whether you can have priority, or whether it's worth it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joppa, I read over all the information that was sent previously on HM Forces dependents. It seemed that it just applied to commonwealth citizens. My fiancé is not a commonwealth citizen! Will this matter? I would have thought I applied for the normal fiancé visa as I read that for the spousal visa 2.5 year requirements, the time will be counted for overseas deployments.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It applies to serving member of HM Forces who is exempt from immigration rules under the 1971 Immigration Act.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joppa-
This is why I'm confused…from the HM FORCES
FREQUENTLY ASKED IMMIGRATION QUESTIONS

I’m a British citizen serving in HM Forces Can my partner and children get settlement under the Armed Forces Rules?
If you are a British citizen your family will not be able to apply for leave to remain or settlement under the armed forces rules but will need to apply as the family member(s) of a person present and settled in the UK. For further information see the following link: UK Border Agency | Partners and families

If you are –
A British citizen and your family wish to apply to UKBA under the marriage route you should normally:
 Use the FLR(M) form for leave to remain; and
 Use the SET(M) form for settlement.
 Use the VAF4A form if applying outside the UK

http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/UKBA_HM_Armed_Forces_visa_guide.pdf

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, you still complete the same form (VAF4A), but for financial requirement, you complete Appendix 3 instead of Appendix 2. In short, you aren't subject to £18,600 income rule but just a confirmation of his army enlistment will do instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.