Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

My American fiance and I are close to applying for his fiance visa! I just have a ton of questions about small details, to make sure we get it right first time. If anyone can offer answers to any of the following, I'd be very grateful.

1) I know that the most recent bank statement and payslip must be dated no more than 28 days before the application, but what about things like a housing inspection report, letter from landlord, etc? Can these be a little older?

2) If my bank statements and payslips are dated up until the 30th September... does this mean we have until 28th October to submit the online application? Or do we need to have biometrics taken and docs submitted by that date as well?

3) do we submit photos as proof of our relationship? I am getting 6x4 prints of a bunch of photos, but as we are including photos of us with each others families etc I want to clarify who is shown in the shots. Should I write a note on the back? Or affix them to a piece of paper and write underneath? Also, should I date the photos as best as I can? And write down locations where they were taken?

4) I know that when we send our docs, we have to include a printed and filled in form which I believe is where all our financial info is detailed. We are applying under category A - non-salaried. Which form do we need to submit? And is anyone able to supply a link, to ensure we print and use the correct version?

Thanks guys! I know that's a lot, I just want to make it perfect. Anyway that's all for now :) :eek:

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Hey guys!

My American fiance and I are close to applying for his fiance visa! I just have a ton of questions about small details, to make sure we get it right first time. If anyone can offer answers to any of the following, I'd be very grateful.

1) I know that the most recent bank statement and payslip must be dated no more than 28 days before the application, but what about things like a housing inspection report, letter from landlord, etc? Can these be a little older?
Only for payslips and statements. Other documents just need to be up to date.

2) If my bank statements and payslips are dated up until the 30th September... does this mean we have until 28th October to submit the online application? Or do we need to have biometrics taken and docs submitted by that date as well?
Only application and payment within 28 days.

3) do we submit photos as proof of our relationship? I am getting 6x4 prints of a bunch of photos, but as we are including photos of us with each others families etc I want to clarify who is shown in the shots. Should I write a note on the back? Or affix them to a piece of paper and write underneath? Also, should I date the photos as best as I can? And write down locations where they were taken?
Best thing to do is to stick them on A4 cards and annotate them.

4) I know that when we send our docs, we have to include a printed and filled in form which I believe is where all our financial info is detailed. We are applying under category A - non-salaried. Which form do we need to submit? And is anyone able to supply a link, to ensure we print and use the correct version?
Appendix 2 on the right side of UK Border Agency | Applying from outside the UK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Joppa - do you know what to expect after you apply?

Ie. once you have done the online application, paid, attended biometrics appointment/document drop off what happens next?

Do you receive an email letting you know they have everything?

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
Hi Joppa - do you know what to expect after you apply?

Ie. once you have done the online application, paid, attended biometrics appointment/document drop off what happens next?

Do you receive an email letting you know they have everything?
You may or you may not. It's pretty inconsistent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you know what the waiting times are for it? I have been waiting almost 3 months and was told when handing my documents over that my application was so straight forward that I'd have a response in 4-5 weeks... I want to ring but also don't want to jeopardize anything...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.