Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, thank you for this forum I get a lot of help, this is my final concern and if anyone could help me with this I'd be very grateful !

Documents I am submitting
Applicant
- current passport
- 2 old passports
- English exam A1 result
- VAF4A form
- Priority service confirmation
- Cover letter
- Birth certificate (original and translation)
- Appendix 2 form

Proof of Intention to marry
- Venue booking signed, emails and receipt of deposit
- Invitation booking confirmation ( One of family member does business)
- Photographer booking confirmation (friend )
- Wedding cake booking confirmation (friend's business )
- Wedding car enquiring by email (not booked)
- Wedding flower enquiring by email ( not booked)
- Wedding dress shopping / trying it on photos
- Engagement rings receipt
- Leaflet of wedding venue, cakes, cars, dress dress shop

Financial requirements(CatA)
- Bank Statements of the last 6 months (5months by post, 1 month by printed at bank )
- Work contracts ( two contracts since my sponsor holds two positions with same employer)
- Payslips of the last 6 months
- P60
- Letter from sponsor says P60 doesn't reflect the employment period we are relied upon.
- Letter of the employment from employer

Proof of relationship
- Letter from 3 friends, and sponsor's uncle
- Pictures with friends and families since we met each other ( before started relationship until present)
- Flights e tickets and boarding pass when visiting each other
- Holiday together hotel booking ( doesn't say the names)
-Communication logs Skype, WhatsApp, facebook, emails, texts, letters and cards/ ( Do we need to include the ones from when we were just friends as well?)
- Facebook posts screenshot
- Text message between Applicant and Sponsor's family members

Accommodation
- Letter from the sponsor's parents permitting us to stay
- Land Deed
- Mortgage deed
- Mortgage statement
- council tax bill in sponsor's parents name
- Electronic bill in parents name
- TV licence and bill in parents name
- Photos of all rooms in the house
- Map of property
- Parents passport copy

Sponsor
- Copy of his passport (all pages)
- Birth certificate
- Cover letter
- Letter from electoral registration
- Copy of driver licence
- Letter from phone bill x 2months

Questions are,

1 Since we don't have many holiday together, I thought of include our holiday together with a friend (3 of us on a flight tickets). is it totally not necessary ? We asked this friend to write a letter for us

2. Since we don't have property inspection report, we have photos of the rooms.
Are we in trouble not having property inspection? What would be the alternatives for inspection report?

3. Flights confirmation aren't English, is automatic translation version of email will do ?

4. We don't have many things booked for wedding except venues. Would just enquiry by email okay ?

Thank you !

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
WAY too many documents

You don't need any of the following:

Any birth certificates
Photos of the rooms or map of the property. If you need a property inspection report done because you're living with other people, you should get a property inspection report
Parents' passports
You only need a photocopy of the sponsor's bio pages (not all pages) for a fiance visa.
Driving licences
Leaflets for venues, photos of trying on a wedding dress, etc. Submit receipts or bookings only. The venue booking confirmation and receipts for the wedding rings are enough to prove intent to marry.
Letter from 3 friends, and sponsor's uncle. This doesn't hold any weight, will be disregarded. It's not proof of your relationship.
Too much proof of accommodation. You can cut back on the bills you're sending in. Council tax statement, letter from parents, and mortgage/land registry is fine
Phone bill also unnecessary
Hotel booking (if there are no names on, it's useless)
Letter from sponsor says P60 doesn't reflect the employment period we are relied upon (if it doesn't reflect the financial period then don't submit it)
You don't need flight confirmation

You need only 10-15 photos together, and 10-15 pages of communication evidence. Don't go overboard

Reactions: cake

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for you reply. I am wondering If I can submit the holiday together with a friend (3 of us on a flight tickets and acommodation), or I should leave it out ?

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
If you have both your names on the flight tickets (the friend's name is inconsequential) then you can submit that, sure

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your reply and your time clever - octopus. Really appreciate your quick reply. I have last question about my sponsor's work contract.
1. I found that there's mistake in the contract. It says 'please return this by' and there's no date, just blank. Also employee's signed date was a mistake and the correct date is written over wrong date. Would it be a problem?
2. My sponsor has two contracts since holds two positions within the company. One is signed by manager, and another one is signed by 'programme manager'. Would it be clear that he only works for one company, ( we are applying under Cat A) even though work contract is signed by two different people ?

Thank you Very much for your time again and advice.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
It's not a required document. Many people choose to include it but it's only helpful if it shows any of the financial period you're relying on for the financial requirement.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your reply and your time clever - octopus. Really appreciate your quick reply. I have last question about my sponsor's work contract.
1. I found that there's mistake in the contract. It says 'please return this by' and there's no date, just blank. Also employee's signed date was a mistake and the correct date is written over wrong date. Would it be a problem?
2. My sponsor has two contracts since holds two positions within the company. One is signed by manager, and another one is signed by 'programme manager'. Would it be clear that he only works for one company, ( we are applying under Cat A) even though work contract is signed by two different people ?

Thank you Very much for your time again and advice.
Could anyone please help with the question.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not a required document. Many people choose to include it but it's only helpful if it shows any of the financial period you're relying on for the financial requirement.
Thank you clever-octopus for your reply again ! As my sponsor only started to fulfill the financial requirement 6 months ago by working extra hours. so P60 doesn't fully shows the financial period we are relying on, it just covers the last 4 months out of 12 months tax year. This is why we thought of including the letter, but we still don't want ECO to get confused by it as p60 doesn't show the requirement which is+18600.
Is it still helpful if we submit it, since it shows part (4 months) of the financial period we are relying on?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is a cover letter wrrtten by my sponsor.

''Regarding my P60 for the financial year of 2016 -2017. My earnings on the P60 do not reflect the period of employment relied upon. The financial period to be used in regard to my fiancé's visa application are from December 2016 until May 2017.

Sincerely,

Sponsor ''

Would this be okay or better not to submit P60 at all ?

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Don't submit a P60 at all, as stated, it won't be helpful to your application.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.