Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm aware this may have been asked before, but just want some clarification regarding time periods expected from UKBA Entry Clearance Officers on bank statements.

I currently have bank statements covering a period between 6th February and 5th July.
I am expecting another monthly bank statement in the post in 3-5 days which will cover 6th July until 5th August. Should I wait for this latest one to submit or should I be ok submitting 6 Feb until 5th July?

My Fiance plans to submit her application online this week (August 7th or 8th).

Am I worrying too much?

·
Registered
155 Posts
You have to submit 6 months. If you don't want to wait you can go to your bank and get a stamped statement accompanied with a letter of authenticity.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but related to this, can I confirm that the statements I plan to include are sufficient?

They are dated 25th January - 26th July.

Counting months only this seems acceptable. I am just worried in case they count it via days and February is a short month - although I can see no notes online stating that it must be a set number of days, just six months so guess I should be fine.

·
Super Moderator
18,051 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but related to this, can I confirm that the statements I plan to include are sufficient?

They are dated 25th January - 26th July.

Counting months only this seems acceptable. I am just worried in case they count it via days and February is a short month - although I can see no notes online stating that it must be a set number of days, just six months so guess I should be fine.
That should be fine as long as you are applying no more than 28 days after 26 July.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks Nyclon, will be completing online application this weekend and then handing in the documents on the 19/08 so all within date.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This may be a redundant point depending on whether it's feasible or not in either of your situations, but when my wife and I applied back in March, I went into my bank and requested a transaction listing for the period between my last statement and that day. This meant that we definitely had 6 months worth of statements (for RBS anyway, transaction listings are now acceptable for UKBA purposes).

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have to submit 6 months. If you don't want to wait you can go to your bank and get a stamped statement accompanied with a letter of authenticity.
I see. Good advice. Do they print this statement for you there and then? I could go to my bank at lunchtime and do this I suppose. If they need to also type/write/print a letter as well, is this the sort of thing they will do in a busy lunch period?

·
Registered
638 Posts
My experience in the last week or so has been it depends on the branch AND who you speak to at the time as to what they are willing to do...

I am with Lloyds and some were happy to print and stamp print outs, others would only print and told me they were not allowed to stamp... despite the stamp sitting there in front of me :confused:

I was able to obtain print outs on headed paper with all my details as well as a stamp, but it was down to going in a few times till someone said yes. I have also ordered an interim statement so if that comes in time then I will use that, but for now I have the above in my file.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.