Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hope everyone is enjoying the last remnants of summer 2012!

My fiance (USA) has had her visa approved before 9th July, thanks to all your wonderfully helpful posts. She will be entering the UK in October with our wedding booked for February 2013!

Would it be possible to have a few tips on the following:

INSURANCE FOR US CITIZENS IN UK

OPENING A BANK ACCOUNT

REGISTERING AS TEMP AT GP

Many, many thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
17,988 Posts
Hi all,

Hope everyone is enjoying the last remnants of summer 2012!

My fiance (USA) has had her visa approved before 9th July, thanks to all your wonderfully helpful posts. She will be entering the UK in October with our wedding booked for February 2013!

Would it be possible to have a few tips on the following:

INSURANCE FOR US CITIZENS IN UK

OPENING A BANK ACCOUNT

REGISTERING AS TEMP AT GP

Many, many thanks in advance!
What kind of insurance?

Opening a bank account can be luck of the draw. Get her name on council tax or some other bill as soon as possible so she has proof of address. If one bank won't open an account, try the one down the street. You may be able to add her to your account, you may not.

What do you mean "registering as temp at GP"?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of insurance?

Opening a bank account can be luck of the draw. Get her name on council tax or some other bill as soon as possible so she has proof of address. If one bank won't open an account, try the one down the street. You may be able to add her to your account, you may not.

What do you mean "registering as temp at GP"?
Thanks for your help so far and your quick response!!!

As for insurance, I meant health/travel insurance, and I have read that my fiance will be able to register as a temporary patient at my doctors surgery, which I enquired about and they said should be fine!

·
Super Moderator
17,988 Posts
Thanks for your help so far and your quick response!!!

As for insurance, I meant health/travel insurance, and I have read that my fiance will be able to register as a temporary patient at my doctors surgery, which I enquired about and they said should be fine!
Your fiance is entitled to register at a GP and be treated by the NHS for free as soon as she gets off the plane. However, should she require hospital treatment for anything other than an emergency, she could possibly be charged. As for travel insurance, I'm sure whatever travel insurance you use for yourself is fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.