Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
First of all, let me explain my situation to all... Because I have been looking for a situation like mine and I didnt find any.
I applied for a fiance visa last year (November 2012) in Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.
My Partner is Scottish.
Everything went super well, I got my visa (I paid the pririty service) in exactly 10 days.
I went to Uk but unfortunatelly my grandpa got very sick in Brazil and it was a very pleasant time for me and my family to think about getting married, since I wanted this to be a very happy and enjoyable time in my life.
So I didnt use all my 6 months of my previous fiance visa, I returned to Brazil and I thought I could marry my boyfriend here instead when my life was back to normal.
But to get married in Brazil takes even longer and my boyfriend cant be away from his job that long.

So, I have decided to apply again for the same fiance visa that I got once and I didnt get married... hahahhaa crazy story!

So I have applied on Sept 26th, 2013 AGAIN in Rio de Janeiro.
I got a email from the UK Border on October 1th, 2013 saying:
"UNCLASSIFIED - UK VISA
Dear Applicant
Your PREMIUM settlement application has arrived safely at the Rio de Janeiro office and is currently being processed. Your unique post GWF number is quoted at the top of this e-mail.
You will receive another e-mail with further information about your application in due course. Please note that we are unable to answer status enquiries unless we have exceeded the estimated processing time. "

When I saw this work: UNCLASSIFIED I thought my visa was already refused, but then I understood that it is just a security term,
But today it is October 12th, 2013 and I still didnt hear anything else from them, even paying the priority service, which I paid last time too and got the visa very quickly.

I am afraid of this taking so long.

Anyone here ever heard about applying for the same fiance visa for the second time after have gotten a visa before?

ps: sorry for my English, not the best!
Thank you!

·
Registered
533 Posts
A few questions first,

Did you put on the application you had applied for a visa before, date, and put you were accepted?

Did you explain to UKBA your situation on why you didn't get married and why you returned and decided to apply again?

Is it the same boyfriend?

Did you include any evidence of why you had to return, ie hospital papers, note from doctor?

Were you able to full fill the requirements the second time around?

Did you send in proof of actually getting married?

One reason it maybe be taking longer is the fact that you received a visa but never followed thru. They may see if everything checks out, that you left before that visa expired, and to make sure your relationship didn't break down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I didnt put the application because I dont have it anymore, lots of papers that after I got the visa for the first time I threw everything away.
Plus, my visa is in my passport.

I explained the situation on my letter but I didnt send any doctor's proofs because I would have to translate them all and it is very expensive, didnt think this was necessary since I met all the other requirements.

It is the same boyfriend, we are together for more than 2 years now. I came back to Brazil in June 2013 and in July my boyfriend came to Brazil to see me and spent time together , so I sent them the stamp of his visit and photos in Rio together.

The only thing I sent about evidence of getting married is emails to the avenue, M10, .... Cant do much else, I cant pay the venue without a visa =(
I am planning my religious ceremony in Brazil in 2014, so I also sent them my saving account to show I am saving money for it.

This waiting is terrible, that's why I paid the priority but it is still taking so long.
Does anyone know how long the priority can actually take???

A few questions first,

Did you put on the application you had applied for a visa before, date, and put you were accepted?

Did you explain to UKBA your situation on why you didn't get married and why you returned and decided to apply again?

Is it the same boyfriend?

Did you include any evidence of why you had to return, ie hospital papers, note from doctor?

Were you able to full fill the requirements the second time around?

Did you send in proof of actually getting married?

One reason it maybe be taking longer is the fact that you received a visa but never followed thru. They may see if everything checks out, that you left before that visa expired, and to make sure your relationship didn't break down.

·
Registered
533 Posts
fblema said:
No, I didnt put the application because I dont have it anymore, lots of papers that after I got the visa for the first time I threw everything away. Plus, my visa is in my passport. I explained the situation on my letter but I didnt send any doctor's proofs because I would have to translate them all and it is very expensive, didnt think this was necessary since I met all the other requirements. It is the same boyfriend, we are together for more than 2 years now. I came back to Brazil in June 2013 and in July my boyfriend came to Brazil to see me and spent time together , so I sent them the stamp of his visit and photos in Rio together. The only thing I sent about evidence of getting married is emails to the avenue, M10, .... Cant do much else, I cant pay the venue without a visa =( I am planning my religious ceremony in Brazil in 2014, so I also sent them my saving account to show I am saving money for it. This waiting is terrible, that's why I paid the priority but it is still taking so long. Does anyone know how long the priority can actually take???
Unfortunately just because you paid priority doesn't mean they will issue or refuse it quickly. Yes it's on top of the non priority paid stack but I'm afraid they make take more care into looking at your file since you had previously applied for and was issued the same visa.

On the application there is a question asking if you have ever applied for a visa before, when, and was it granted or refused. If you didn't answer this truthfully, UKBA will find out and want to know why you failed to mention this even though it was granted and it's the same boyfriend.

Either way, they are probably just taking their time and looking properly into your and his background to make sure both sides of the story check out. Just sit patiently as hard as it is and wait for the outcome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My visa application has been put on hold

Hi there,
Just to register the new steps of my case...
For the second time I have applied for a fiance visa, which I had before but I didn't get married
Got a message from UK BORDER today, 3 weeks after I send the application.
That's the message I got:

Dear Madam,

Your application for entry clearance/leave to remain under paragraph EC-P.1.1 of Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules has been considered. Your application falls to be refused solely because you do not meet the income threshold requirement under Appendix FM and/or the related evidential requirements under Appendix FM-SE. You have not provided the following documents to demonstrate your sponsor's employment and income:

1) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the wage slips confirming:
(i) the sponsor's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of his employment;
(iii) the period over which he has been or was paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

2) A full set of six months bank statements showing the wage deposits corresponding to the wage slips provided. Online bank statements are only accepted if stamped by a bank official. You have provided only bank statement showing 3 months account activity and this document is not stamped by a bank official.

3) Wage slips for the months of March and April 2013.

A decision on your application has therefore been put on hold until the Courts have decided the outcome of the Secretary of State's appeal in a legal challenge to the income threshold requirement. More information about this hold on decisions is set out on the Home Office website.

Your application will be reviewed and a decision taken on it once the outcome of the legal challenge is known. This may not be for several months at least.

In the meantime, if you submit any further information or document(s) relating to your circumstances, and/or those of your sponsor, as they were at the date of your application, or in the relevant period(s) prior to that date, this will be considered. If, on the basis of this further information or document(s), your application meets all the requirements of the Immigration Rules, a decision will be taken on your application and it will be granted. You can send the evidence to the Consulate below.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG THIS PROCESS CAN TAKE?
It's really frustrating since I was planning my trip for next week =(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.