Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
i have posted couple of days back but no response.

I am applying for fiance visa. I have some doubts on filling the form Appendix 2.

1.9 Are you seeking permission to come to the UK as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner to enable your marriage or civil partnership
If ‘Yes’ when and where do you plan to marry/enter into a civil partnership?

We plan to get married in the month of January 2018 in Leeds but we haven't booked anything as there is uncertainty in visa and processing times. Do I have to mention any specific date & venue or just January 2018 in Leeds would be alright ?

1.16 If you are an unmarried or same sex partner, have you been living in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership?

What does this mean? Yes, we have stayed with each other on several occasions for almost 6 months in total in past 2 years. Does it mean i have to write YES for ths question?

1.17 Provide details of how long you have been in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership with your sponsor

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your
wedding or civil partnership ceremony)? Do I have to answer this? If yes then what?

1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial
responsibilities?

What does this mean? My sponsor has been paying for vacations & my flights and trip and education. I haven't contributed much. What should I answer in this?

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK?
I would after I get married and get working permit. But not before that. Also I have not looked for any job actively. What are we supposed to write since it is a fiance visa so I dont want to say Yes and make ECO feel suspicious. What is an ideal answer?

What Should I mention in additional info?

I would be very grateful for answers. Thank you so much in advance.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
1.9 It is best to show the intention to get married with for instance receipts for Wedding Rings, Wedding dress etc. Provisional Reception Booking and if poss Provisional Marriage Ceremony ( some registrars will make a prov booking some will not).

1.16. Answer NO, you have just been visiting and not living together permenantly.

1.17 answer N/A (not applicable)
1.19 NO

1.25 answer NO, this refers to things like Utility Bills,Credit Cards, Bank accounts

2.8 the answer here must be NO as you will not be allowed to work on a Fiancee Visa.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.9 It is best to show the intention to get married with for instance receipts for Wedding Rings, Wedding dress etc. Provisional Reception Booking and if poss Provisional Marriage Ceremony ( some registrars will make a prov booking some will not).

1.16. Answer NO, you have just been visiting and not living together permenantly.

1.17 answer N/A (not applicable)
1.19 NO

1.25 answer NO, this refers to things like Utility Bills,Credit Cards, Bank accounts

2.8 the answer here must be NO as you will not be allowed to work on a Fiancee Visa.

Thank you so much for the response Skyf. I have doubt in 1.19 question as we have lived with each other for almost 6 months in over 2 years. If I put no as answer, It says please give reasons why you never lived together. I dont know what to write. Still confused.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thank you so much for the response Skyf. I have doubt in 1.19 question as we have lived with each other for almost 6 months in over 2 years. If I put no as answer, It says please give reasons why you never lived together. I dont know what to write. Still confused.
The question relates to people who have married or in a Relationship similar to Marriage. Unless either of these apply to you the answer should be NO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.