Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My fiancé and I are applying for the family visa, fiancé in September and want to make sure we have the right documents included in our application.

We have known each other since December 2016 and started a long distance relationship in January 2017. He is from Turkey and I am from the UK.

Any comments on the below would be much appreciation. I have some questions to at the end also.

If anyone has any further advice or suggestions that would also be welcome as we want to get it right ☺

1. Very first page – colour copy of the biometric page of applicant’s passport with the GWF reference number at the top right-hand corner
2. Contents page with the information below
3. UKVI application form (printed)
4. Biometrics appointment confirmation
5. Applicant’s information
a. Applicant’s letter of introduction
b. 2 passport sized photos (with applicant’s full name on the back)
c. Colour copy of applicant’s full current passport (every page)
d. Colour copy of applicant’s full previous passport (every page)
e. Certificate of passing IELTS Life Skills A1
6. Sponsor’s information
a. Sponsor’s letter of introduction, intention to marry
b. Colour copy of sponsor’s full current passport (every page)
c. UKBA sponsorship undertaking (SU07/12) with a letter from bank confirming they hold a mortgage for sponsor
7. Financial requirement – category A (most recent covering the last 28 days)
a. 6 months of sponsor’s stamped payslips (April to September inclusive)
b. Letter from sponsor’s employer corroborating employment dates, job title, and pay
c. 6 months of original bank statements (April to September inclusive)
8. Evidence of accommodation
a. A certified copy of title deeds of sponsor’s property
b. Land registry certificate
c. Council tax bill
9. Evidence of relationship
a. Whatsapp call logs for all calls between January 2017 and September 2017 (14 screenshots – 3/4 page)
b. Whatsapp call information showing date and time of calls (1 a month – 9 screenshots – 1/4 page)
c. Sample of Whatsapp message conversation (4 mid-length conversations)
d. Sample of Whatsapp message conversation with applicant’s sister and sponsor
e. Sample of Facebook Messenger messages (4 longer conversations)
f. Screenshot of inbox search of our emails
g. Sample of email conversation (2 email threads that have 4 emails each)
h. Western Union transfer receipt for 24 May 2017 and 27 July 2017
i. Flight itinerary, hotel confirmation, original flight boarding passes for 2-week trip to Turkey (domestic trip for applicant and international trip for sponsor)
j. 10 photos of applicant and sponsor, together with a few with friends/family (with descriptions)
10. Intention to marry
a. Email correspondence with Southwark Registry Office making enquiries and checking availability of the ceremony room
b. Receipt of suit purchases
c. Engagement ring receipt

I will also take a colour photocopy of all documents to submit in the same envelope.

1. Where do we send the applicant’s Turkish passport?
2. Do we need 2 passport photos for sponsor?
3. Does the sponsorship undertaking evidence need to be a separate document from the evidence provided for the accommodation
4. Does letter from bank confirming they hold a mortgage for sponsor need to be dated within 28 days?
5. Do we need any further evidence of accommodation? I also haven’t moved into the property, but intend to before we apply for the visa. Do all of the documents need to be there or as long as one is there is that enough?
6. Do we need an independent property inspection as it is a one bedroom flat and there will be no one else living there apart from us?
7. Is it normal that the sponsor provides the screenshots and evidence of relationship?
8. How long should the Whatsapp/Facebook Messenger conversations be?
9. What else do I need to do for the intention to marry?

Thank-you for anyone that responds to my post ☺

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
You are sending a bit too much documentation

For a fiance visa, the sponsor only needs to send in a copy of bio pages. Not all passport pages.

d. Sample of Whatsapp message conversation with applicant’s sister and sponsor
Don't include this.

1. Sheffield DMC with all other supporting docs, they should give it to you at the biometrics appointment
2. Whatever is asked for, in the past they've asked for 2
3. SU07 isn't a required document, this is for adult dependant relatives (i.e., elderly incapacitated parents)
4. Not sure why you'd send this when you already have land registry AND title deed, it would be over kill
5. No, you have more than enough already
6. No
7. It doesn't matter, and with recent changes, UKVI now states that communication evidence is no longer necessary (though probably safer to send in some)
8. If you're sending in more than 10 pages of communication evidence, it's too much. Don't send in full conversations. Just snippets, and remove anything overly personal
9. What you have sounds like enough, it's better to have at least a provisional registry booking but they understand that you can't even give notice without a visa which allows marriage, so you should be okay

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Clever Octpus

Thank you so much for responding :)

I have got rid of the SU07 and the WhatsApp messages with my fiancés sister. i had some follow up questions if you or someone else doesn't mind answering?

1. Sheffield DMC with all other supporting docs, they should give it to you at the biometrics appointment
Does this mean that I wait for him to send me his passport in the post and then send it along with the supporting documents in one envelope? I am correct about Turkey not being part of the countries that you can upload the documents online?

2. Whatever is asked for, in the past they've asked for 2
Where can I find out where this is asked?

4. Not sure why you'd send this when you already have land registry AND title deed, it would be over kill
I was asking about the mortgage document because as I have only just purchased the property I might not have the title documents in time, but I will have the mortgage document. If the scenario was that all I had was the mortgage document, is that enough?

8. If you're sending in more than 10 pages of communication evidence, it's too much. Don't send in full conversations. Just snippets, and remove anything overly personal
Does the 10 pages include flight itinerary, pictures or is it just the messages and emails?

Thanks once again :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

I have updated my list of documents as evidence. We are planning to submit it soon and I'd appreciate someone having a look and commenting on whether I have missed anything. I have also put questions by some of the documents if someone could share their wisdom and some questions at the end :)

List of Document

Copy of the bio-data page of applicant’s passport (GWF reference number and location of centre at the top right-hand corner)
UKVI application form
VAF4A – Appendix 2
Biometrics appointment confirmation

1. Applicant’s information
a. Applicant’s letter of introduction
b. 1 passport sized photo (with applicant’s full name on back)
c. Applicant’s full current passport
d. Applicant’s full previous passport
e. Certificate of passing IELTS Life Skills A1

2. Sponsor’s information
a. Sponsor’s letter of introduction/intention to marry
b. Colour copy of sponsor’s bio-data page of current passport

3. Evidence of relationship
a. WhatsApp call logs and information from January to September 2017 – is it enough to copy all the call logs and then have one per month with the call time and call length?
b. Sample of WhatsApp message conversation – what kind of messages do you choose? How many separate conversations?
c. Sample of Facebook Messenger messages – is this required if we use the WhatsApp messages?
d. Screenshot of inbox search of emails
e. Sample of email conversation – how many email conversations?
f. Western Union transfer receipts for 24 May 2017, 27 July 2017, and 22 August 2017
g. Flight booking confirmation, hotel confirmation, and original flight boarding passes for a 2-week holiday to Turkey – do we need to include the sponsor’s visa?
h. Photographs of applicant and sponsor, together with family and descriptions – can these be made into a collage of three per page? How many photo pages is enough?

4. Financial requirement – category A
a. 6 months of sponsor’s stamped payslips (March to August inclusive)
b. Letter from sponsor’s employer corroborating employment dates, job title, and pay
c. 6 months of original bank statements (March to August inclusive)

5. Evidence of accommodation
a. Title deeds of sponsor’s property – does it need to be certified?
b. Land registry certificate – is title and land registry both required?
c. Letter from bank confirming they hold a mortgage for sponsor

6. Intention to marry
a. Email correspondence with Southwark Registry Office making enquiries and reserving the ceremony room
b. Wedding invitations – is it ok if this is just a screenshot of the initiation or do they have to be purchased and have a receipt?
c. Receipt of suit purchases
d. Receipt of engagement rings

I have some further questions too:

1. We will be using the TLS contact centre in Adana Turkey - are my headings correct and in the right order for the scanning process?
  2. When making a copy does it have to be a colour copy? For example, the pages in the passport.
  3. Do we also need to provide a copy of the passport in the original documents?
  4. Does the scanning office have any problems with copied documents that are on both sides?
  5. How long does it normally take from submitting the online visa application form to having the appointment to get the documents scanned? Is there enough time to send some of the documents from the UK to Turkey?
  6. When I was in Turkey recently we opened a joint bank account. There is no money in it yet - is it worth putting some in and using this as evidence? If so which section do we put it in and how much?

Thanking anyone in advance for their comments - no matter how big or small it may be :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.