Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey again!! I finally submitted the online application on June 29th, and my biometrics appointment is on July 5th, so we're slowly but surely progressing through the process!

I sat down today to go over the Appendix 2 questions for what seems like the millionth time, and wrote down some that I had concerns about that I haven't asked about here yet. I'd be grateful for any advice about how to answer these! Of course I have a few questions which seem obvious, but I just wanted to be thorough and make sure I've got everything correct.

1.1 – In the boxes to the right do I have to put other, or do I just ignore it since I'm over 18?
1.8 – Would I answer this question like: Facebook, switched to Skype chats, 7/2/2017 (or 6/29, since that's the date I submitted the online app)
2.8 – Obviously I intend to eventually get a job, but should I say no for now since I can’t work on a fiancé visa?
3.2 – Do I put 18,600 even though I am using the savings route?
3.75 – How should I fill out the provided table, given that we have premium bonds, certificates, and ISA, and his bank account to declare information about? It asks for money in the account on the date of the application, and on that date everything was in the bank account and ISA. However, the money in the bank account comes from bonds and certificates that were held for the 6 month period, and I feel as though that needs to be included here as well. Furthermore, the savings certificates all have different dates they've been held for, so how would I answer the question about how long that account has been held? If it helps, I'll link my other thread in which I ask about this and provide my table examples (though to be fair, I was also asking about it in terms of being included in the financial documents as well, not just to answer 3.75, and I definitely think it would be more confusing to have a table like that in the financial documents on its own): http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...50-fiance-visa-checklist-applying-soon-2.html

Any help is very much appreciated, you are all fantastic! :smile:

·
Registered
22 Posts
In this post if you scroll down a moderator of the forum nyclon says - "There is no work allowed on a fiance visa so answer no to the question does she intend to work."

I was looking for this answer myself. ^^

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
1.1: Don't put anything under "other" unless you need to. This is not a trick question
1.8: You don't need to get so detailed. Just a short list like "Facebook and Skype" (whatever you're submitting evidence for)
2.8: "No" or "Not until I've been approved for a visa which allows work"
3.2: Yes, because the cash savings route is still based on the requirement to have £18,600 per year (for 2.5 years, the length of a spouse visa)

For your last question, I think you got good advice from nyclon already, put it into a simple spreadsheet and provide the evidence needed. It's difficult for me to provide advice on that, sorry.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Rii and clever-octopus!! I appreciate the advice!

I do agree that nyclon gave me good advice, but I am just questioning how to answer the section while keeping it simple. ^^;;

So do I have to answer every question on the table in addition to the documents, or do they expect for my documents to speak for themselves and for me to not complete the table fully?

I know this is really a silly thing but our financial records are a tad complex, I want to make sure they are crystal clear on everything. I'm sorry for all the trouble. :(

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Thank you Rii and clever-octopus!! I appreciate the advice!

I do agree that nyclon gave me good advice, but I am just questioning how to answer the section while keeping it simple. ^^;;

So do I have to answer every question on the table in addition to the documents, or do they expect for my documents to speak for themselves and for me to not complete the table fully?

I know this is really a silly thing but our financial records are a tad complex, I want to make sure they are crystal clear on everything. I'm sorry for all the trouble. :(
The officials are NOT going to try and interpret your documents or work out figures from them.

You need to show on Appendix 2 how you qualify under the financial requirements and your documents must be evidence of this.

You need to complete the table to show what your financial situation is.

Reactions: thelittlestmiju

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The officials are NOT going to try and interpret your documents or work out figures from them.

You need to show on Appendix 2 how you qualify under the financial requirements and your documents must be evidence of this.

You need to complete the table to show what your financial situation is.
I have a load of evidence to back up the financial requirement (39 pages), I was just concerned about if my examples answer 3.75. I'm still confused about how to do this for the premium bonds and certificates, if it's not the ways I've already demonstrated.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
39 pages seem well in excess of what is required. By having lots of evidence isn't necessarily better and may even confuse the ECO about how you are meeting the requirement. Your application should be clear and straightforward, so that ECO can instantly see what you are trying to do and check the evidence provided.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
39 pages seem well in excess of what is required. By having lots of evidence isn't necessarily better and may even confuse the ECO about how you are meeting the requirement. Your application should be clear and straightforward, so that ECO can instantly see what you are trying to do and check the evidence provided.
I understand, but I'm not trying to make my application more complicated because I think it will make me look better - the documents are completely necessary to show we have the money. Trust me I wish it wasn't this much either:

• 4 pages are for the bonds (Dec statement, June Statement, winnings statement, June 2 statement with winnings added in)
  • 2 for the ISA (8 month record and confirmation of amount in the account, both pages signed)
  • 4 for fixed interest certificates (Nov statement, June statement, 2 liquidation receipts)
  • 22 for the for the index linked certificates (Nov statements (2 pages), June statements (4 pages), liquidation receipts (16 pages - there were 8 certificates))
  • 7 for his bank statements (signed letter and 6 month records)

The only thing I can think of to even reduce that amount is to keep the second pages of the liquidation receipts, which aren't completely necessary (except to assure them nothing of value is on the second page, since the pages are number '1 of 2'), but even then it goes down to 31 pages.

So, naturally, you can understand my confusion with filling out 3.75 correctly. We've already written a cover letter for the financial documents, just a 1 pager explaining everything and giving a grand total, But 3.75 is very confusing because of the liquidation and holding period of the accounts.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
What you should have done, earlier in the year or last year, was to rationalise your holdings so that when you come to submitting evidence, your savings are confined to a few accounts, provided the money has lain for at least 6 months. It's too late now but something to consider for the future.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
What you should have done, earlier in the year or last year, was to rationalise your holdings so that when you come to submitting evidence, your savings are confined to a few accounts, provided the money has lain for at least 6 months. It's too late now but something to consider for the future.
I told my fiance to do this because he said he had enough, but he didn't listen to me about it so here we are. And, of course, after this mess I've told him never again after our first FLRM are we doing this. We had a nice discussion. I can only hope the ECO isn't too upset about the amount provided...

Do you think I should just fill out 3.75 with the isa and bank info, then at the bottom just note the bank funds were liquidated from bonds and certificates?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, just the main items. I don't think they scrutinise what you put there.
One problem with overcomplicated application is that ECO can misinterpret or miscalculate, leading to a rejection, and you have to go through the rigmarole of administrative review or appeal in order to get it right.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, just the main items. I don't think they scrutinise what you put there.
One problem with overcomplicated application is that ECO can misinterpret or miscalculate, leading to a rejection, and you have to go through the rigmarole of administrative review or appeal in order to get it right.
I know, it has me worried. I've tried to compile the documents in a logical, straightforward fashion, and left sticky notes to draw their eyes to important amounts that otherwise might take them a bit to locate. I suppose is annoying but I'd rather do that than leave it to them to sift through that amount of work without much guidance.

Thank you so much for the advice, honestly it means a lot. I will definitely post about my results, maybe it will help someone else who has a weird savings-based route.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.