Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received our 'notice of decision' of our fiance visa application on the 17th October 2013. In this email, it stated that our application falls to be refused because we did not meet the related evidential requirements under Appendix FM-SE.

We were informed in this email, 'In the meantime, if you submit any further information or document(s) relating to your circumstances, and/or those of your sponsor, as they were at the date of your application, or in the relevant period(s) prior to that date, this will be considered. If, on the basis of this further information or document(s), your application meets all the requirements of the Immigration Rules, a decision will be taken on your application and it will be granted.'

The following day, I sent these required additional documents by Courier (DHL) to the Embassy in Bogota, Colombia. I was informed by WorldBridge to write the visa ref number, as above, on the outer envelope of the package, which I did. According to the DHL tracking tool, the Bogota Embassy received our additional documents on Monday 21st October.

It has been 7 working days since the Embassy reportedly received our additional documents, yet we have not had any official confirmation from the Embassy that the Entry Clearance Manager, to whom our documents were addressed to, has received them, and that our application decision is now being reviewed.

We understand that the process for such a visa is not a quick one, but we would really appreciate a confirmation from the Embassy that our documents were received, and to know that our application decision will be reviewed in due course as a result. As without this confirmation, we will worry that our documents were not received, and action to re send them will need to be carried out by myself.

Has anybody else been in this situation before? How long it took before they wrote to confirm receipt of the additional documents?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
You may not receive a confirmation that they have received your additional documentation I'm afraid. The delivery confirmation you have means that they have received it and are most likely considering your additional documentation as we speak.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may not receive a confirmation that they have received your additional documentation I'm afraid. The delivery confirmation you have means that they have received it and are most likely considering your additional documentation as we speak.
Hi Leanna, thank you. I have found a general email address for the embassy in Colombia. Do you think it is also worth sending these additional docs by email?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi Leanna, thank you. I have found a general email address for the embassy in Colombia. Do you think it is also worth sending these additional docs by email?
Most likely not worth it. If your original e-mail from them requested the documentation via post, and you've send it by post, rest assured it has arrived and found your caseworker. Anything sent via e-mail is likely to be ignored.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,can u pls tell me why your visa refused what is the reason.my wife visa also put on hold and i was send document 7 weeks ago and still not any reply.

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
Hi,can u pls tell me why your visa refused what is the reason.my wife visa also put on hold and i was send document 7 weeks ago and still not any reply.
The only reason an application will be put on hold is if the financial requirement has not been met.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was put on hold because of financial requirement reasons. However, the caseworker seems to have not read our supporting documents clearly, as the main reason our application was put on hold is because they were not adequately satisfied I was registered as self-employed. I am not self-employed and never ticked this option on the appendix form. So I have wrote this in a letter to the embassy, and I have supplied one or two additional documents they have asked for.

According to the email we received, the additional docs we have sent should mean we pass all the immigration requirements for the visa. So I guess is just a waiting game now.. but it is so frustrating not even knowing what is going on? i.e. has our caseworker even received our documents? is he currently reviewing our decision? How long will this process take? I wouldn't mind waiting if I at least knew for sure that they were looking at it...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We received an email yesterday saying that they have received our additional documents and they will be reviewing our application decision in due course given light of the new evidence provided. Hopefully we will hear soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Just read your post from October 2013. We are in the same situation - our application has been put on hold because they are not convinced of my income via self-employment. I have prepared additional documents to prove this and now need to send this to them for reconsideration. The letter we received was from the British EMbassy in Abu Dhabi - should I send the documents to the address on the top of this letter?

Can I ask what happened with your visa in the end? I really hope it was good news, for both your sake and mine!

Natasha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.