Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

May I start by saying just how much this forum has helped me and my fiance with our immigration matters! It's been a godsend and I want to thank everyone involved.

Now, I'm an Aussie who is wanting to apply for a fiance visa to join and eventually marry my girl in the UK.

I've completed the VAF4A form (with a significant amount of help from some of the earlier threads on this forum I might add) and am now tackling the Appendix 2 - financial requirements section. I have a couple of questions about how to satisfy the requirements of Category B.

I get the 2 stage test used here: 1) Current job must be paying more than 18,600GBP per annum, and 2) My girl must have earned at least the same again in the previous 12 months.

The questions I have are:

For part 1) - is a letter of offer and contract of employment, plus a letter acknowledging her acceptance of the role sufficient here? The annual salary stated in the contract exceeds the minimum requirement, but they're both PDF files she received in an email from her employer. She's only been in the role a couple of weeks so no payslip just yet.

For part 2) - does she need to supply 12 months of previous payslips and bank statements, or does she need to only supply enough to show that she's earned at least the minimum required? In other words, her past 5 months of payslips would exceed the 18,600 required.

For the letter from the employer - this is from her last employer? That she was employed between x dated and y date, earned this much, was permanent etc..?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

confused.

·
Registered
39,034 Posts
#1 Yes, but best to get an offer letter on company stationery setting out job details. Or signed contract.
#2 Yes, 12 months if possible. While ECO usually accepts sufficient recent payslips to meet the requirement, they have also demanded full 12-months payslips and bank statement regardless.
She doesn't need a letter of employment from previous job. Only from the current employer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.