Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My wife and I (I'm the British sponsor) have our same day FLR-M appointment booked for September 18th. She arrived in the UK on a fiance visa on June 7th and we got married September 4th. Could someone have a wee look at the supporting documents we intend to submit and see if we are on track?

General:

Email confirmation of premium service appointment
FLR-M form (filled in by hand)
IHS payment confirmation email
Applicant passport
Applicant previous passport (do we need to include this if it dates from before applicant lived in UK? It’s quite old)
Sponsor passport
2 x passport sized photos of applicant, signed on the back
1 x passport sized photo of sponsor, signed on the back
Cover letters of introduction/sponsorship

Meeting Financial Requirement:

Sponsor original payslips (March 2017 - August 2017 inclusive). Final payslip dated 25th August, will be 24 days old on date of FLR-M appointment.
Sponsor original bank statements (22nd March 2017 - 25th August 2017)
Sponsor P60 (Tax year to 5th April 2017)
Employment letter on letterheaded paper (confirms current and previous salary, job title, contract type, length of service)
Copy of employment contract from 2014

Accommodation:

Letter from my parents giving their permission for us to continue living in their home and confirming we have lived together there for duration of time she’s been here on fiance visa.
Ownership search from Registers of Scotland
Extract copy of house deeds
Original annual mortgage statement March 2016 - March 2017
Annual council tax bill 2017/2018
BT landline phone bill dated 25th June 2017 addressed to my Dad
Updated property inspection letter from local council dated 28th August confirming house is suitable (this came addressed to us both). This is basically a reissue of the same letter we used back in January with a more recent date as we feared a January inspection might be considered too old

English Requirement:

IELTS A1 pass certificate from October 2016

Relationship:

Original marriage certificate
Photos spanning relationship and photos from wedding (how many should we include/what should the split be between older photos of us and wedding photos?)
Communication records May 2014 - June 2017 (Skype, Facebook messenger, whatsapp)
Travel itinerary emails (flights, hotels) from visits to each other with English translations where info is in Portuguese.

Correspondence:

It’s been impossible to get anything official with my wife’s name and our address on it. So all we have is:

Tesco clubcard welcome letter
Boots Advantage Card welcome letter
Letter from Barclaycard with the pin to her new credit card (I added her as an additional cardholder to my account)
Signed Correios (Brazilian post office) Airway Bill from a package her mother sent from Brazil
As previously mentioned, the updated property inspection letter is addressed to us jointly

For myself will the six bank statements suffice as proof of address? The only other things I could include that arrived during the time we have lived together over the past three months are:

An NHS letter confirming my addition to the waiting list to have a wisdom tooth removed.
Annual summary from Student Loan Company.

If anyone can see gaping holes, or things we have missed, or extraneous things we don’t need to submit please let us know!

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
You need A2 Level English test for renewal of spouse visa - FLR(M)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

I thought that A2 level was only for renewal after the initial 2.5 years leave to remain as a spouse? It was my understanding that A1 was still suitable for the first period of leave following a fiance visa. Can someone clarify?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I see what you mean about the fiance visa. I am not sure then. Maybe Joppa or Nyclon can help

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We haven't been able to get anything official in her name. We are living with my parents so can't get her on the council tax or the utility bills and without proof of address have been unable to open her a bank account. Likewise as she can't work yet there's no correspondence with HMRC and she's not eligible to use the NHS until we have flrm so unable to register with a GP :/.

I've asked about it before and read around a little and hoping that since we will have only been married for two weeks at the time of the appointment they will not be seeking these documents from us.

Thanks for the link re: the English requirement, I think we are reasonably confident now that her A1 certificate will be fine for this application.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We applied for FLR(M) after fiance visa with only an NHS registration letter in my fiances name & it was approved no problem.
You can register for the GP but not much point as you'll have to go back after to show them your BRP and get them to update your records to show you get to use the NHS for "free"

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I think you're right about not being much point in registering her with the GP at the moment so we will just be submitting the minimal correspondence for her that we have.

Does everything else on the checklist look okay? A few questions we have are:

1. Do we need to submit her only previous passport when it expired in 2004, well before she moved to the UK?
2. Do we need to submit all the correspondence we did for the fiance visa? (Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook etc)
3. How many wedding photos vs older photos of us should we submit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.