Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My fiance and I are hoping to apply for his fiance visa in January.

We meet all requirements, I'm just a little concerned about the finances as they seem to reject so many people based on that fact.

I more than meet the minimum income requirement (I earn more than 25k/ annum) and have been working for the same employer for over 2 years. I have all my payslips, p60s and my employer is willing to complete a statement confirming my permanent employment, start date and salary. My issue is that I have absolutely no savings... I recently cleared a large debt left with me by an ex partner.

Will this affect our application? This is really worrying me as I have struggled with debt for a few years. Thankfully I managed to clear my debts in June but since, any disposably income has been speant of visiting Tugrul in TUrkey so I've been unable to save?

Please can somebody help me and let me know if they would be likely to reject us based on this?

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
If you are meeting the financial requirement through Category A or B your savings or lack thereof are immaterial. You only need to submit financial documents pertaining to your category so if that is A or B you need pay slips, P60s and bank statements for the account that your salary is deposited into.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are meeting the financial requirement through Category A or B your savings or lack thereof are immaterial. You only need to submit financial documents pertaining to your category so if that is A or B you need pay slips, P60s and bank statements for the account that your salary is deposited into.
That is such a relief! Thank you Nyclon! Yes I can supply all of the above information.

I have had a few large amounts leave my account due to paying my stepdad for using his credit card to book my trips (for insurance as I don't have a credit card myself anymore). Would I need to put a note in the application to explain the amounts or will they only be checking that my salary goes into my account regularly?

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
It's not necessary. If your current account is in the red in a big way at the end of each month, a brief explanatory note may not go amiss but is certainly not a requirement. It's your income they concentrate on, not your expenditure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.