Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am a Canadian who will be applying for a fiance visa in Canada and spousal visa in the UK. To ensure I am filling out the correct forms:

FIANCE VISA - from outside the UK
* Form VAF4A and appendix 2 (Financial requirement form)

*If I paying for the expedited process, does this mean that I send everything to Sheffield?

*When they ask whether I have a Home Office Reference number - do I include the number I had received when I applied for my Tier 5 visa?

*Though we are not yet married, would my fiance be considered my partner (and I would complete the spouse/partner section)?

SPOUSAL VISA - from within the UK
* Form FLR(M)

*Do you recommend a specific PEO office in England?

Thanks again! I very much appreciate your help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello - just following up to see if anyone is able to help me with the questions in the previous post?

Thank you so much.

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
You have to get the Fiancé(e) visa first.

Once you are married, then you can apply for the Spousal Visa.

If you know what date you are getting married, you can try and book an appointment 6 weeks before the desired date... i.e. I got married on Saturday November 3 of last year and wanted an appointment for November 5th (the Monday) so we started trying on September 24th for an appointment... we couldn't get one on our first tryo on the 24th but were able to secure a booking on September 25th at the PEO office in Solihull (very nice office and very friendly staff!).

While we would have preferred Croydon (since we live in London), we just took the first booking that we could get from a choice of up to 3 preferred locations from a list of offices across the UK (i.e. when we began to try to book, they ask which offices we'd like to try for and we picked a few).

Appointments open at 12 midnight UK time on Monday morning (which would be 7pm in Toronto or 4pm in Vancouver on Sunday afternoon) and run weekdays (i.e. it's offline at the weekend).

Once the PEO appointment is secured, you have to pay a £100 booking fee to hold the appointment. This fee will be deducted from your final bill when you show up to the appointment... because it used to be so difficult to get appointments the booking fee was added to try to deter people from hoarding appointments and selling them online. I don't know what the system is like now, as it's been a year since I last used it and will be late next August before I can book for my Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Good luck to you and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your swift reply!

And have a listed the correct forms for the fiance and spousal visas?

For the Fiance visa, if I am paying for the expedited process, does this mean that I send all my documents to Sheffield? I have seen this mentioned in other posts.

Thank you again!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thank you for your swift reply!

And have a listed the correct forms for the fiance and spousal visas?

For the Fiance visa, if I am paying for the expedited process, does this mean that I send all my documents to Sheffield? I have seen this mentioned in other posts.

Thank you again!
Yes, all settlement visas go directly to Sheffield. Don't forget to include the return postage and envelope from whichever company you choose!

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
Wow... didn't know that.

Crikey. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, all settlement visas go directly to Sheffield. Don't forget to include the return postage and envelope from whichever company you choose!
When I printed out my Fiance Visa application it told me to send it to NYC, which I did and apparently is incorrect. Do I need to send a return postage to Sheffield now to get my documents back? Please help!

·
Registered
924 Posts
When I printed out my Fiance Visa application it told me to send it to NYC, which I did and apparently is incorrect. Do I need to send a return postage to Sheffield now to get my documents back? Please help!
I don't think there is any way to correct it without making a huge confusing mess. So far, others who have made similar mistakes have gotten their packages forwarded to Sheffield or returned to them without trouble. There is no telling how long this will be allowed but hopefully, you won't have any problems.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.