Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I was asking about the De Facto visa in my last post and thanks yo your help i have decided its to risky to go ahead with it in fear of rejection.

I am trying to reunite with my Japanese girlfriend / soon to be fiancée in the UK where i am based. She is still in Japan wondering what the heck is going to happen with us.

MY questions are, How much does it cost for a fiancée visa? I tried searching but got lost in the land of internet. Once she has the visa after booking the wedding reception proving our relationship and so on, we would get married in the uk. Can we then apply for a spouse visa inside the country? what are the chances of getting it all done within the 6 months so she wont have to make the trip back home and wait for it.

My other option is to go to Japan and get married, come back to the UK then apply for the spouse visa this would mean she could stay working in Japan for the time it takes to file the visa instead of staying bored at home for 6 months as i cant take time off as i need to prove the financial requirements needed.

I have researched into getting married in Japan and it is possible, I need to prove by documentation given by the embassy that i have no ties with previous relationships.

since my De facto visa is dead in the water, im finding it difficult to go about finding the best/fastest way to finally be with my partner again.

Thanks for all the help :)

J

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
The cost of her fiancée visa is £956, with optional priority fee of extra 70,200 yen.
Once successful, she moves to UK, gives notice for marriage and gets wed and then applies for leave to remain as spouse (£649 or £1,049 at premium service centre same-day processing), all within 6 months from 'valid from' date.
Getting married in Japan saves you the cost of second visa application in UK, but you have to add the costs in Japan and your travels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou for the informative reply! I guess its now down to what works best, i wouldn't mind a holiday back to Japan for the same cost as a piece of paper! Its up to the mises at the end of the day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.