Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Hope all of you guys are doing fine. I need help with the fiancée visa.

I will explain. I am a Mauritian national currently in France with a student visa. Now I want to enter in a civil partnership with my boyfriend who is a British citizen. We have met loads of time and now we know the time is right to be together.

My issue is that my student visa is expiring on September 5th and I want to apply for a fiancée visa as soon as possible. Is it fine for me to apply in July or August even though my French student visa is expiring soon? The IELTS and life in Uk test are available only at the end of July in Paris -_- . Please help and advise thank you a lot.

Cheers all

·
Super Moderator
18,048 Posts
You can apply up to 3 months before your intended date of travel. The UK partner must meet the financial, accommodation and relationship requirements. You do not need to take the Life in the UK test for a fiancé visa.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the prompt reply Nyclon?

I also wanted to get more details if possible please.

Especially on these issues as well :

Details of how to prove that you have stayed for 7 consecutive days in the place.

- Evidence of wanting to get married

- We have not done any engagement ceremony or rings ceremony is that fine?

He does meet the requirements :)

Am just a bit worried as when my French visa expires, won't they ask me for my reason to be in France?

Thank you a lot

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello guys, I need your advice and insight on these topics please :

- Details of how to prove that you have stayed for 7 consecutive days in the place.

- Evidence of wanting to get married. How is it possible if I am not there?

- We have not done any engagement ceremony or rings ceremony is that fine?

- on the website to register an appointment there is no Fiancée option??

Is it possible to get a checklist please?

Am so confused and a bit scared now as my visa expires beginning of September and i hope I get an answer before the 5th September.

Thanks for your help guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.