Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the UK and my partner is Australian, we have decided to go down the fiancé visa route then the 5 year settlement route.
We are hoping to apply next month, Iv never been so stressed in my entire life, so much paperwork is needed, some are so awkward and difficult to get! What I'm finding the hardest to do is the 28 day limit on things as I have to request them, then when I finally get them I have to post them to Australia and the 28 days run out! Urgh!

And as I earn 56000 we are going to use my income, 2 of my savings accounts and 1 of her savings account.

So here is a list of what we have:

Applicant:
Passport
1 colour passport photo
Evidence of non marital status
Her letter
6 months of savings statements
Deceleration for savings (gift)
Call logs and messages from Skype, Facebook, a chat app and FaceTime audio.
Evidence of previous flights to here
A receipt for wedding rings
Sample flight itinerary of journey here
Maybe a sample 'save the date'

Emails to wedding venues, DJ, photographer enquiring about charges and availability for a certain date for wedding.

Sponsor:
Letter
Certified copy of passport ( by post office)
My parents letter stating they own the house, only I live there and that she can live with me.
2 utility bills in parents name
Online copy of registry title
Council tax in my name
Car tax in my name
2x P60
6 months of wage slips
Employment letter (would being employed by my mom make a difference?) as the pay slips are just print outs on normal paper .. ( and do I need bank statements to go with pay slips even if I have a letter?)
6 months of Savings statement
A savings statement from a savings bank saying March 2014 to 16th June 2015 ( would I need a newer one?) we apply after 28 days that was issued.
Savings declarations x2
Birth certificate

I'm so grateful to everyone's help on this site!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hey, I'm filling the same visa out and from what I was told, you don't need a birth cert. included. Your passport gives info about where you were born and when. You also include sponsor passport scanned (as its going to ask for the passport number on the visa application online. Just do the bio/photo page)

I dont think you need evidence of non-martial status. The fact that you're not married should be enough I think? But a mod can assist with this if I'm wrong. :D

The sponsor will have to fill out this form,
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sponsor-a-visa-applicant-form-su07

the person who is coming over should fill out this form too *by hand*
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

I heard you will need something thats within 28 days when it comes to bank statements, so I would get a new one just in case if its "expired" by then.
Not sure if you need this info, but I'll include it, for call logs/skype whatever, you should probably just do 1-2 pages for each 3-6 months apart. You don't want to overload them :)

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
What category are you applying under? You've got way too much financial information. If you are making £56,000/year then you can apply under Category A or B and you don't need information on savings. More isn't better.

What do you mean by evidence of non-marital status. Unless she's divorced and you mean a divorce decree, she only needs to state that she is single on the application.

You don't need birth certificates.

Your passport doesn't need to be certified and if it did, it would have to be by the issuing authority, not the post office. You only need a plain photo copy of the bio pages.

If you are applying under Category A or B you only need to include your most recent P60.

It wouldn't hurt to have your employer write a letter authenticating your pay slips.

The letter of employment should include the following:

(i) the length of the person's employment;
(ii) the gross annual salary and the period over which it has been paid at this level;
(iii) the entitlement to maternity, paternity, parental or adoption leave; and
(iv) the date of commencement and the end-date of the maternity, paternity, parental or
adoption leave.

The most recent pay slip, bank statement and the letter of employment can be no more than 28 days old at the time of online application.

You should really include more concrete evidence that you have a wedding planned. More receipts for deposits or provisional bookings rather than just email enquiries.

You should include 10-15 photos from across your relationship attached to A4 paper with brief descriptions.

As stated above you do need to fill out Appendix 2. You do not need to fill out SU07. It is for adult dependents, not spouses or fiances. Some visa agents in some countries particularly on the sub continent insist upon it but it is definitely not necessary if you are applying form the US or Australia.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks Nyclon for the correction, I'll make it on my own notes too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies ..

I made a mistake in my typing, I earn 15600 a year so we don't meet the 18600 mark so we have to show my earning and savings together to meet the financial requirement .. Which will be my wages, my 2 savings accounts and her savings ... Will that be ok?

I have filled out the SU07, so I don't need to?

The marital status is a non impediment, she needs it to prove her previous relationships/marriage is over .. She's never been married but we have been told we have to have it?

My Fiancée read on her visa website that my passport copy had to be certified?

It's so confusing!

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
So since you are short £3,000 in earnings you have £23,500 in savings between the 2 of you? Yes, then your savings should be included.

No, as I stated you do not need SU07.

As I have said, unless she is divorced she does not need to prove she is single. Who told you she had to have it?

As I have said, your passport does not need to be certified. What visa website is she talking about?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry it's not the non impediment, it's called single status certificate and British high commission in Australia told her to have it.

It's on the documents guide on our government website that sponsors passport should be a certified copy.

Thank you for all this advice I really appreciate it, all this visa stuff has totally taken over my life

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm going to get it certified anyway to make sure ...

Another question was do I need 6 months statements of my main bank account to go with pay slips?

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Yes, if you are applying under Category A you need your 6 most recent pay slips and 6 most recent bank statements showing the pay slip being deposited.

She does not need to prove that she's single. She's been misinformed.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for all your help, I don't know where she seen it then! At least I know what to do now :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So sorry for all these questions, I'm probably doing your head in!

But another question, I took a loan out last year to pay for flights .. So a loan Payment is coming out of my main account every month, will that affect using my savings account towards the financial part?

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Do not highlight your bank statements. They can figure it out.

If you are earning £15,600/year then the amount you need in savings is £23,500. You must maintain that amount for the 6 months immediately preceding your application. As long as you have not gone below that amount in 6 months, it doesn't matter. If you have, then you can't apply until you have £23,500 in savings and you have held it for full 6 months.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have held the savings for 6 months, we have £23,786.48 spread over 3 different savings accounts. 2 in my name and 1 in hers, I used the currency calculator that the government website say they use to convert hers into GBP

You have no idea how grateful I am today for your help!

One more thing that's bugging me ..
I pay just a small amount to my parents every fortnight and it says 'rent' on my statements, do my parents have to state in their accomodation letter about any rent or is it ok to not mention it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finding it hard to find anywhere that does provisional bookings, they all do massive non refundable deposits!

And venues and cakes do consultation bookings, would a few booking confirmations be sufficient enough? As I don't want to go to the consultations without my fiancée so would have to book them in September for our October wedding

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi there, it would appear that we're in similar situations ! When my now fiancee came over on a tourist visa we got round the 28 day thing by......I simply posted 5 months worth of bank statements and pay slips (3 weeks delivery time!) and then once I got my final ones I scanned them into an email which were then printed out the other end. If you are concerened about this you could even make a brief note about it in your covering letter that the last statements etc are scanned due to their late arrival/length of delivery. You can only do what you can do, it wasn't a problem when we put ours together.
Good luck !

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Ok so been working hard on this visa the past couple of weeks! Last minute checks ... Would anyone advise using a visa company, I think it's called 1st contact visa or something like that??

Updated list is ..

Applicant:
Passport
1 colour passport photo
Certificate to prove single status
Her letter
6 months of savings statements Deceleration for savings (gift)
Call logs and messages from Skype, Facebook relationship timeline, chat apps and FaceTime audio.
Photos and other evidence of relationship including hotel booking and photos when we got engaged,
Sample flight itinerary of one way journey here
Résumé
Appendix 2

Intention to marry:
Letter about our intention to marry
sample save the date,
Emails to the registrar - they explained we can't book until partner is here.
A holding deposit receipt and it's in my bank statement for cake from a wedding cake baker and wedding planner,
A receipt for a small deposit with a venue for our chosen date,
3 email receipts for small items for guest wedding favours,
A hotel booking for the weekend after wedding,
Wedding rings deposit receipts,
Engagement ring receipt.

Sponsor:
Letter
Photocopy of passport
My parents letter stating they own the house, only I live there and that she can live with me.
2 utility bills in parents name (not in 28 days period as they are sent every 9 months, so one is from June and one from March)
Online copy of registry title ( also certified copy of nans will and death certificate as her name is on registry title and she left the house to my parents)
Council tax in my name
Car tax in my name
2x P60
6 months of wage slips
Employment letter
6 months of ESavings statement
investment savings statement
Savings declaration
Birth certificate
Previous flight itinerary .

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
Ok so been working hard on this visa the past couple of weeks! Last minute checks ... Would anyone advise using a visa company, I think it's called 1st contact visa or something like that??

Updated list is ..

Applicant:
Passport
1 colour passport photo
Her letter
6 months of savings statements Deceleration for savings (gift)
Call logs and messages from Skype, Facebook relationship timeline, chat apps and FaceTime audio.
Photos and other evidence of relationship including hotel booking and photos when we got engaged,
Sample flight itinerary of one way journey here
Résumé
Appendix 2
You don't need:

Resume

Intention to marry:
Letter about our intention to marry
sample save the date,
Emails to the registrar - they explained we can't book until partner is here.
A holding deposit receipt and it's in my bank statement for cake from a wedding cake baker and wedding planner,
A receipt for a small deposit with a venue for our chosen date,
3 email receipts for small items for guest wedding favours,
A hotel booking for the weekend after wedding,
Wedding rings deposit receipts,
Engagement ring receipt.
You don't need:
Letter of intention to marry
Sample save the date
Hotel booking for weekend after wedding
Engagement ring receipt

Sponsor:
Letter
Photocopy of passport
2 utility bills in parents name (not in 28 days period as they are sent every 9 months, so one is from June and one from March)
Online copy of registry title ( also certified copy of nans will and death certificate as her name is on registry title and she left the house to my parents)
Council tax in my name
Car tax in my name
2x P60
6 months of wage slips
Employment letter
6 months of ESavings statement
investment savings statement
Savings declaration
Birth certificate
Previous flight itinerary .
How are you meeting the financial requirement?

Electronic statements need to be confirmed as original by the bank

You only need the most recent P60 if relying on income

You don't need your birth certificate
Why isn't the house in your parent's name? That could be a problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My nan died last September and it's in her Will that the property goes to my parents who was her next of kin and power of attorney ... They just haven't changed it with the registry title that's all .. So we have a certified copy of her death certificate and the will showing she's left it to them. They are actually on the deeds to the house, it's in my parents and my nans name but the registry title is from years ago and haven't got a copy of the deeds to send with the visa .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.