Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Fiancé visa

• Can my parents sponsor my fiancé?

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • How will it takes fiancé visa process?

Votes: 1 50.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I am just a new member to this forum and I need your help. I am a Filipino and a Spanish citizen, and I am getting my fiancé to come here in London through fiancé visa but my problem is I am not able to sponsor him because I just arrived here in UK last July and I can't work because i've got my baby to look after I am living with my parents who are Spanish citizen also, QUESTION: is it possible that my parents will be the one to sponsor my fiancé to come here in UK please?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fiance visa

Any one can help me if it is possible that my parents will be the one to sponsor my fiancé because I can't sponsor him I don't have work because I just arrived UK last year and I got my baby to look after it. And is it possible that my baby can have a British passport because he was born here in UK last December I've got an EU passport but his father is a Filipino citizen. Please I need your answer guys,.. Many thanks

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Hello guys I am just a new member to this forum and I need your help. I am a Filipino and a Spanish citizen, and I am getting my fiancé to come here in London through fiancé visa but my problem is I am not able to sponsor him because I just arrived here in UK last July and I can't work because i've got my baby to look after I am living with my parents who are Spanish citizen also, QUESTION: is it possible that my parents will be the one to sponsor my fiancé to come here in UK please?
Your fiancé should be getting EEA family permit instead of fiancé visa because you are an EU national. While fiancés aren't regarded as family members under EU law, UKBA is willing to extend this to fiancés provided the relationship is genuine and durable, and this can be difficult to prove if you haven't known each other for long. It makes things a lot easier if you get married abroad first. You need to be exercising EU treaty rights in UK in order to bring your family member, and your status is one of not working but of independent means (being maintained by your parents). You need to make this clear on the application form.

UK Border Agency | EEA family permits

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response Jopap. But it's been 7 years that we are in relationship and we just had our engagement in the Philippines last May 2011 and we got a baby isn't that just enough tp prove that we have known each other in a very long time. But how about the sponsorship of my parents to my fiancé is they can able to do that or not? Many thanks to you:)...

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Any one can help me if it is possible that my parents will be the one to sponsor my fiancé because I can't sponsor him I don't have work because I just arrived UK last year and I got my baby to look after it. And is it possible that my baby can have a British passport because he was born here in UK last December I've got an EU passport but his father is a Filipino citizen. Please I need your answer guys,.. Many thanks
Please do not start another thread on a related topic.

As I've said, your fiancé should be getting an EEA family permit and not a fiancé visa because of your EU nationality. You are still his visa sponsor and your details go on the form, but you can have your parents act as external sponsors. They can put their offer in a letter addressed to Entry Clearance Officer. But I don't think it's strictly necessary.

As for your baby's nationality, no, he cannot have British citizenship because you aren't British and you aren't settled here - for EU citizens it's after living here for 5 years. He should be a Portuguese citizen which is nearly as good as British nationality. He may also qualify for Filipino citizenship.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
Thanks for the response Jopap. But it's been 7 years that we are in relationship and we just had our engagement in the Philippines last May 2011 and we got a baby isn't that just enough tp prove that we have known each other in a very long time. But how about the sponsorship of my parents to my fiancé is they can able to do that or not? Many thanks to you:)...
OK, but he should apply for EEA family permit, not fiancé visa. If he does, it will be turned down because you aren't considered to be settled in UK until you've been here 5 years, and only those with a settled status can sponsor a fiancé under UK immigration law. You do have rights under European law to bring your family member to UK, to include a fiancé under UK concessions.

As I've said, you seem to have enough resources to satisfy EEA permit requirements. You can still enclose a letter from your parents as safety net.
You need to describe your relationship to show it's durable (attach a letter outlying how you met, how you grew closer, engagement and plan for marriage), enclosing photos, travel tickets, skype log (just a few) etc.

I've just merged your two threads to make things easier!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You told me a while ago that I can use my mom to be my external sponsor, is that 100% sure because that's the only problem I am worried about.

·
Registered
39,148 Posts
You told me a while ago that I can use my mom to be my external sponsor, is that 100% sure because that's the only problem I am worried about.
Yes, but you are applying for EEA family permit, where financial criteria are a lot less than fiancé visa under UK immigration law. So that's why I said you probably don't need it, but you can ask your mother to be a sponsor if you like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.